Need idea of cost of EMG etc
Hello
I have a neuromuscular disorder that has not been diagnosed yet... i am from a small island in the caribbean where there is no neurologist so i am planning to go to the states to get see one, get tested and finally find a diagnosis and hopefully treatment for my slowly progressive polyneuropathy... but here is the thing... i have no idea what these tests cost.. if i would need a referral or even where to go... i have family in the philidelphia area so new york, and new jersy will be options i guess since they are relatively close...i know i will have to do EMG,the vit b levels, other routine tests etc... i woud really appreciate it if someone would give me an idea of the cost of these and maybe a suggestion on where i can go in the areas that u have mentioned...
thank you so much...
take care
Sekeena

Thanks for writing in.
Just to give an idea an EMG usually costs $2000. Depending upon the number of blood tests you need the cost would be around $ 500-1000. This is a rough estimate as I do not know how many and exactly what tests you will have to undergo.
Please check out the links below it has some information on neurologists in Philadelphia area.

http://www.ucomparehealthcare.com/drs/pennsylvania/neurology_child_neurology/Philadelphia.html

Take care!
Thank you so much for your swift reply!...the information is most useful, and i checking out the website right now...thank you again! I really appreciate it.

Best wishes to you and yours
sincerely,
Sekeena
Six months ago, a physiatrist in new York City billed me almost $6,000 for ENG work. I was probably with the doctor for half an hour and although he fully investigated my spine etc,I don't see how it could costs this much. The doctor did not warn me ahead of time, or ask about my health insurance (which does not come close to covering this amount) I had never heard of the procedure and so was a rather naive patient.Does anyone know how this could have added up to such a large number?
I would like to report this but don't know which organization to tell. Any ideas please? Thank you.