Need new CIDP therapies. Help!
I have CIDP, and will see a research specialist next week.  Has anyone discovered new therapies for CIDP or things that I should cover with this Dr.?
Well standard treatment is IVIG or Prednisone.  Other immunosuppressents used to treat RA (TNF blockers) and cancer are other possibilities.  CellCept is interesting stuff.

Stem Cell transplants are in clinical studies and have had excellent results.  Northwestern University is doing these studies.  This is also available outside of the US.  Check their web site for requirements to qualify for the studies.  Stem cells will eventually replace all the other treatments, in my opinion.  
Thanks for that interesting information on stem cell transplants.

Thought I'd also advise the poster of the website:
www.gbs-cidp.org  
for further information and advice.

I too have CIDP, being diagnosed over 10 years ago.  IVIG didn't really help and neither did prednisone, but they may have slowed the progression but I doubt it.
The stem cell transplant process sounds like a really difficult treatment to withstand.  But the results are promising.
Thanks again!