Neurology Community
Need some answers

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Need some answers

My father is 58, and on the October 29th suffered a massive heart attack and had 3 cardiac arrests. They say he lost oxygen to his brain for 20 min. He is on ventilator that he is assisting in breathing. His heart rate and everything is stable. He also is a severe alcoholic and did not take care of himself at all. Since being in the hospital he has phemonia so they are sucking a lot of secretions out of his lungs. I am starting to see movement like him turning his head trying to get the tubes out. That is the most movement we have seen in days. He has all his natural reflexes but I'm just worried that he isn't gonna recover. Can someone let me know if there is hope. I don't know what to do.