Neurology Expert Forum
Need some help

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Need some help

I have been experiencing generalized weakness, aches all over my body that start shortly after I get up and start moving around. the best way I can describe it is that it feel like the flu.  I don't have a fever and it generally starts when I get active, walking, general house cleaning, sometimes just standing.  Walking steps makes my legs ache.
This aching is in my neck, at the base of my neck, shoulders, back, legs, upper chest, arms, even my fingers at times.
Sometimes I get sick on the stomach and have this weird feeling that I can't explain (scarey)
I have had multiple test and they are all essential negative except for the last one my doctor said I had eleveated creatinine levels and told me to drink more fluids which I am doing but I don't seem to feel any better.
On occassion last night for example I started with uncontrollable shaking.  I felt like I was cold.  I put on socks, pjs, a housecoat and was under several blankets but the shaking continued for about an hour and then it stopped. For the rest of the night I was ok.
This morning I woke up feeling fine until I started doing some simple housework, dusting, running sweeper and using the dust mop.  I could hardly finish before I was so weak and achy that all I could do was go back to bed.
I am 59 years old.  I have had untrollable b/p problems until lately when we finally got the right b/p combination. Norvac 10mg and Benicar 40/125, I take one nexium daily and one asa.
I need some help I can't do anything without being zapped of my strength.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

When I read your question, there was a condition that came to my mind called fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is a medical condition that leads to whole body pains. Its cause is unknown, but it is characterized by diffuse aches, sometimes GI symptoms similar to irritable bowel, sleep abnormalities, low pain threshold, and other features. It is best treated with medications such as lyrica and neurontin, exercise, and physical therapy.  Fibromyalgia occurs frequently in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. If no cause of the condition is identified, it is best to look for other contributing factors such as anxiety or depression. I suggest you continue working with your doctor.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.