Need to know.
I broke my leg 9 weeks ago the doctor said it was not healing . my question is do the bones have to be touching to fuse together ? I am 38 years old I know it will take a bit longer for me to heal but I would think the bone would have to touch to fuse together. If someone could clear this up for me I would feel much better about all this time off work. thank you.
How are you? For bones to heal from a previous bone trauma such as fracture, a callus usually forms which eventually bridged by a hyaline cartilage and woven bone and woven bone which will eventually become  a compact bone, restoring most of the bone's original strength.  If there is delay in healing, it is best that you have this evaluated by your doctor for proper management. A referral to an orthopedic doctor may also help. Take care and do keep us posted.