Neurology Community
Nerve, joint & muscle pain, only 26 years old.
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Nerve, joint & muscle pain, only 26 years old.

Ever since I was 12, I've had health problems. It first started with GERD, Asthma, an allergy to dairy, a bout of Guillain–Barré syndrome & a diagnoses of ITP. I learned to manage all those things & led a relatively normal life as a teenager. When I was about 17, I developed an ovarian cyst which they put me on birth control for but didn't shrink the cyst. At 20, I was back on BC, this time having a severe reaction to the BC with severe stomach pains, nausea, vomiting and severe water/clear diarreah (diarrhea).Today, I cannot eat oats, mushrooms, fat, grease, protein without intense stomach spasms and nausea. I've had a upper gastroscopy which showed some gastritis and multiple ultrasounds which showed my gall-bladder is fine. I've lost about 20 lbs in the last 3 years, which I wasn't overweight to begin with, now I'm 5'5 & 115 lbs. Here's where I'm struggling. In 07, I had a baby, bought a house, my husband got sick, I had a surgery on my fallopian tubes to finally remove that large cyst, and when I as finally feeling better & things got back to normal, I started to hurt. All over body pain like I was getting the flu. 3 years & 2 rheumatologists, 2 neurologists, 1 endocrinologist later, the pain is worse but different.Its not like flu pain anymore.
I get terrible nerve pain going down both arms & legs. My joints crack like they are going to break or pop out of place.Pain in joints. I get strange sensations of cold or hot water running down my legs, twitching and muscle spasms, tingling in hands and feet, weakness in my arms after sleeping, as well as one side of my body falling "asleep" after sleeping. I also get extremely exhausted and night sweats. I've had ALL the blood work done, Its not lupus, sjrogens, lyme, RA, hep, and whatever else they've checked me for. I do have a complement deficiency (mild), high billirubin & they have recently said I have raynods. My mother years ago was diagnosed with having "Mixed connected tissue disease" but has sense gone into remission. I have also had a brain MRI w/o contrast that came back negative for anything. I was in a car accident in May, which has greatly increased the pain in my neck so I just had a MRI done on my cervical spine & it shows a bulging disk. I've wrote to doctors, asking for help - with no response. I've been to so many doctors around here, but all they want to do is give me pills/antidepressants or assume its fibromyalgia, though they even admit that I do NOT have the tender spots. Where I live, honestly, all the good doctors move out of so its hard to find someone who is not overworked and completely exhausted so as to WANT to find my problem & not give up. I'm not hurting because I am depressed, I have recently become depressed on & off due to frustration of not being able to act like a normal, 26 year old mom & wife. And for not having answers.
Does anyone know a doctor in the NY/Syracuse area that would be willing to help & take time to figure this out? Would it be worth having a brain MRI with contrast?
Would it be worth having a lower back MRI to rule out any other bulging discs?
Does it sound more auto-immune-like lupus- considering I have the history there, or more neurological?
Anything would be appreciated, thank you. :)