Neurology Community
Nerve Ablation procedure

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Nerve Ablation procedure

I had my nerve ablation done 2 months ago,lumbar spine. I still have pain in the back where they did the procedure, i cant sit for a movie at the cinema,let alone at work,and my sciatic pain in the leg is still there. The doctor never gave me any pain meds,just panadol?!?!?! I stopped taking lyrica a few days before the procedure,and im still not taking any pain meds. He was happy with my results, but, he told me after twelve days or so, u will be 100% pain free. I was dumb enough to believe. I know that these are nerves, but im sick and tired of having pain. Now,after one year of hell with my leg, now ,y back hurts from the procedure plus my usual leg pain! Im so tired of it all. Doc told me that if it doesnt work, then they will just give me an injection. I red up on that online, and the injection goes again to the nerves so, that means again weeks and weeks of dull aching in back and standard leg pain. What should i do?!
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. Before you go ahead with any other procedures, it is important to assess the site of pain. You should get a MRI of the spine and nerve conduction studies to assess that. Maybe some other nerves are involved than the ones treated through ablation.
Also, before you go ahead with any other procedure, see if physiotherapy, traction, swimming, oral or patch pain killers, and lumbo-sacral corsets will help considerably minimize the pain. Please discuss these treatment options with your specialist. It may also help to take a second opinion. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.