Neurology Community
Nerve Biopsy

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Nerve Biopsy

I'm 15 and have pretty much ever test that could be done to discover what might be cuaseing my peripheral neuropathy. (LPs, MRIs, Ultrasounds, nerve conduction studies, gastric studies and blood work for cancer, common genetic disoreders and basically everythin else.) Every test has come back normal, some of my blood has been sent to the US (i live in BC, canada) for gentic testing, and I had a nerve biopsy done. The biopsy has yet to come back, and I am very scared of what will happen if it comes back normal. I asked the neurology team when I was in the hospital (hospitalized because of sever nausea and couldn't hold down food) and they just said "we will cross that bridge when we get there." What the heck does that mean??? Does that mean they are going to say it is all in my head, or i'm just making it up for attention? I'm not!!! This whole thing has ruined my life, and my chances of cycling in BC summer games. I do believe that my nausea could be from stress, i dunno, but what I do know is that my nerve pain is real (real painful) and that my fingers and feet are numb. What will happen if the nerve biopsy is normal, it is the last test to be done. I am so scared please help me. Thanks