Nerve Block side effects
can a nerve block from surgury have sides effects - such as sever neck popping followed by pain in neck and shoulder - which has lasted for months so far with no explaination
What is your name? How old are you?
What surgery you have? For what pathology you had surgery?
There are few common and few uncommon side effects.
The common side effects include infection, bleeding, prolonged nerve block, nerve damage or allergic reaction.
If the injection gain access to an artery, it is possible to experience a brief seizure-like disorder which is self limited and relatively well treated.
Other side effects are described which are regional.
You can have pain in neck and shoulder due to injury to nerve but these should not be there for months.
Bye.
I also had the nerve block and was wondering if that was part of my problem also.  My pain is more like a burning in my shoulder and down the side of my arm.  Please let me know if you find out anything.  Thanks.
I had a surgical nerve block for my shoulder. Two months after the fact.
I have a feeling of numbing in the face area. Slight pressure to the neck which turned to pain and a sensation of a needle going into my neck. Tingling to the top of my head and down as far as my leg. (Left side).
Deliberate breathing....And i'm going on these symptoms for a week now.
Two months after my operation. What might have triggered it is the Stim Machine. And some over stretching of the arm. Bell's Palsy is being discounted by the ER. Is this procedure NEW??