Nerve damage after total knee replacement
I am 53 yrs olds on Feb 19,2010 I had a total knee replacement. Manipulation of the knee occurred on March 15, 2010.  Since the surgery I have been unable to move my leg without physically lifting my leg.  The EMG revealed that I had sustained severe nerve damage as a result of the femoral block.  Is there treatment for this and what is prognosis for recovery.
Hi, Thank you for your question. First, I would like to let you know that knee is quite sensitive structure and more prone for re-injury. Frequency of re-injury increases if already was being damaged severely. Therefore, before resuming to strenuous activity, it is required to consult a physiotherapist for strengthening exercises. Additionally, your symptoms could be due to pinched nerve due to scar formation and neurologist's consultation is advisable to avoid worsening. Hope this helps.