Nerve damage from Cocaine Use - Please Help
I am asking for someone to please provide me with any useful information. I lost my sense of smell, (and taste naturally) due to cocaine. I have no holes in my septum or anything. I lost my smell in 2002. Life has been dramatically changed without this sense.  I contacted the Cleveland Clinic and all they done was refer me to some "clinical study" being performed in Dresden Germany. I have been told by a couple ENT's that I have nerve damage to the Olfactory nerves in my nose. I have been off the drug for 5 years+ now. Surely to God, somewhere in this country, someone has to have some information about how to restore or repair these nerves. I would give my right hand for 25 percent of my smell back. Please help me.
Do not stress yourself now, do not go for any cocaine and drugs, alcohol and smoking and have a balanced diet, proper sleep and stressfree life. Neurologist has to assess the damage of your olfactory cranial nerve which is your 2nd cranial nerve. If it is partial you have a chance of slow recovery over a period of years. Continue regular neurological consultations. Take care!