Neurology Community
Nerve damage from Cocaine Use - Please Help
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Nerve damage from Cocaine Use - Please Help

I am asking for someone to please provide me with any useful information. I lost my sense of smell, (and taste naturally) due to cocaine. I have no holes in my septum or anything. I lost my smell in 2002. Life has been dramatically changed without this sense.  I contacted the Cleveland Clinic and all they done was refer me to some "clinical study" being performed in Dresden Germany. I have been told by a couple ENT's that I have nerve damage to the Olfactory nerves in my nose. I have been off the drug for 5 years+ now. Surely to God, somewhere in this country, someone has to have some information about how to restore or repair these nerves. I would give my right hand for 25 percent of my smell back. Please help me.