Nerve damage in pernicious anemia
Hello, about 4 years ago i started feeling a weird sensation in the left side of my body, the left extremities, a tingling kind of feeling like the limbs were just about to fall asleep but not quite yet. It came and went so i didnt think much of it. Then about 8 months ago the symptoms became more intense and would last longer, and instead of a tingling, the sensation bordered on pain then turned into pain outright that would get worse at night. I had done blood tests and i did a EMG exam which showed that i had a motor neuropathy but i didnt know the cause till just a few months ago i found out that my aunt suffered from pernicious anemia, although i have a good blood count i thought this must be what i have and the doctor started me on B12 shots.  Since i started the treatment i have noticed that i have been experiencing more fasiculations and wasting of my muscles, i thought the treatment was supposed to halt the disease so why does it seem like i am getting worse? I had just a few fasiculations before i started treatment but now they are every where( face, abdomen, back, extremities) and last quite a long time. The wasting on my muscles is visible and the paresthesias continue., the pain comes and goes. Should i expect to feel this way for the rest of my life and can physiotherapy build back my muscles and maintain them how they were before? Please help me i am 25 years old and the dont have a very bright outlook on life now since i have to experience this every minute of every day,
Last but not least are there any experimental drugs that i could try that would trigger nerve regeneration?
Thank you
Sekeena