Neurology Community
Nerve damage to right leg from thigh to foot. Please Help!

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have had 3 spinal surgeries over the past 5 years.  I now have a cage and pins around my L3 L4 area to keep it togeather.  After my very first surgery I had no feeling in my legs then got back the feeling in my left and started getting the electrical charges, the tingles, and creepy crawley feelings in my right.  If I touch say the upper left side of my right thigh, I get tingly or spidery sensations crawl down to the lower part of my leg. The doctors said it happens sometimes and should correct itself.  It hasn't, it has started getting worse, I can't stand to have any pressure at all on the top right of my lright thigh, and lately no pressure under my leg from behind the knee up.  It is causeing tingles, cold, numbness, and pulsing pain from my thigh to my toes.  I can only drive for a few miles before my thigh right down to my toes starts to ache, throb, go tingly and cold.  I am afraid to go to my specialist because when I spoke to him about this last year he said he might have to take my drivers license away.  I shut up and went away.  There has to be something I can do to help the nerve damage, I am only 57 and not ready to give up on my driving, or my job because that is sitting in a chair with pressure at the back of my leg all the time.  At least I can get up and keep changeing position.  Please help.  Any suggestions would be welcome