Neurology Community
Nerve damage

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Nerve damage

Hello

I have bad anxiety when I'm out in public, a psychological problem where I'm in public and am walking past people. To combat this anxiety I like to make up scenarios in my mind that they are looking at me because I'm good looking or unique looking, it's slightly arrogant but it gives me a good feeling. The feeling is one of excitement and pleasure. When I'm doing this I get a shiver/goosebumps/tingling feeling down the side of my face, also my muscles tense up, I stop breathing and my heart rate increases. The feeling that strangers are admiring me is such a high sometimes I do it on purpose.

The downside to this is I'm beginning to notice side effects

My fingertips, lips, cheeks and back of head go numb and tingling, I have pain in my fingertips is and the pain is sometimes very intense, this lasts for several days
Food and drink tastes bland
My breathing pattern is way off, I feel out of breath and it feels like I have to manually breath where befofe it felt automatic and I didn't have to think about it.
I also have a itching sensation on parts of my body, when I go scratch it will go away but I won't feel the good sensation you feel when you scratch an itch, its just numb.
My typing speed has decreased a bit.
My eyesight and hearing seems to have decreased also

What is going on? I do this several times a day if I'm in public

I'm starting to think I have damaged my nerves.
Sounds like Agoraphobia in my opinion.
Ok I'm not really worried about Agoraphobia, what about the nerve damage?
Avatar n tn
One of the symtpoms of anxiety is numbness and tingling. I recommend finding a good counselor who specializes in treating anxiety-- it's better than meds!
Will agree with achilles.

You NEED to find someone who will help you to deal with your anxiety.

There is NO.....repeat......NO nerve damage going on here.  I am not sure why you are thinking you would be experiencing any nerve damage.  NONE here.

GET HELP FOR YOUR ANXIETY.  
After viewing your other posts, I would say you need to get help for your psychological issues.