Neurology Community
Nerve jumping

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Nerve jumping

For the past year...I have been having weird jumping nerves in my legs mostly...but also other parts of my body. I also have twitching in my fingers. I have had jumping nerves in my lower stomach that have been visable.  From the inside, it feels like a baby kicking ( no I am not pregnant).
My other symptoms are: I can feel my pulse in my legs and feet...though I don't experience any pain. I have slight weakness/tightness in my left leg.  If I sit for too long, my feet turn a bit blue. I'm sometimes a bit off balance. When I go up stairs, my legs burn like I'm overusing them.  I have some stiffness in my forearm on the left side, no so much on the right.
I have had a Cat Scan, tumors and brain leasions have been ruled out. I have had blood tests to rule out any kind of toxin. I am a 49 year old female and am healthy otherwise. Blood pressure, cholesterol all within normal levels. What would be causing symptoms like this. I have checked symptoms for MS, and Parkinsons all which seem to involve muscles...not nerves.  I'm not sure if this will help, but these symptoms started after an attempt to quit smoking last year, and they seem to be worse when I am stressed. Any ideas anyone?
Hello Dear,
It seems you have nicotine withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms.After giving up smoking, your circulation will improve, as more of your smaller blood vessels will open up allowing more oxygen to flow through you body.
As a smoker, less oxygen would have been pumped to your fingers and toes, so as higher levels of oxygen now reach these parts of the body since giving up, you may start to feel a tingling sensation in these areas. This is nothing to worry about and just means that your body in gradually healing and repairing itself. Stay positive and start each day by focusing on the positive. Your body is becoming healthier, your senses are returning to normal.
Reference  http://www.helpwithsmoking.com/nicotine-withdrawal.php
Best
I didn't quit yet.  It was about a year ago all this started during an attempt to quit.  I heard that smoking can put off the onset of Parkinsons...which I thought might be the issue...so I started smoking again.  Never really quit...only cut down for a while.  I'd like to say that this is being caused by nicotine withdrawal..at least it would be an answer.  Any other ideas?
I came back from the cancer center yesterday where I sat with my friend who is taking chemo.  He recently had a portion of his cancerous lung removed.  

When he went to the doctor, the doctor noticed his clubbed fingers.  http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=clubbing+of+fingers&ei=UTF-8&fr=moz35
The doctor said that was a sign of lung disease of some kind.  

Another symptom he had which the doctor linked to cancer was jumping nerves in his lower leg.  

My friend smoked marijuana which his mother introduced to him at the age of 12.  The doctor especially damned marijuana and said it was far more harmful than regular cigarettes.  He said a marijuana cigarette is equivalent to 8 regular cigarettes.  

Anyway, this all awakened him and now he wants to go out and warn kids of the danger of SMOKING marijuana - which everyone seems to want to pretend is not harmful in order to ease its legalization.  I think it ought to be legalized because all government force does is romanticize its use.  But, its harm is there just the same and that is what one has to become responsible for.  

I   HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM  AND I STILL SMOKE.  AND IS  IT NERVES OR MUSCLE THAT CAN MAKE  LEG LIFT OFF THE FLOOR AND STIRCH LOCK STAIGHT OUT?