Nerve pain in both legs
I was diagnosed with myelgia paresthetica in my left leg over a month ago. This has virtually calmed down with added medication to the ones I'm already taking. (sertraline for depression, co-dydramol for chronic pain from car accident, nortryptiline as a muscle relaxant to help me sleep... and now diclofenac sodium and omeprazole). I have though had an adverse reaction the diclofenac (diarrhoea) and my doc has changed this to indomethacin in the last 2 days. I am now having similar nerve pains (stabbing, burning etc) in my inner thigh on my right leg, which like the myalgia p. gets worse when I lie down to sleep. I am obese 90Kg and 5'6" female and 42 years old. I do not have any other health issues ( I have enough already!!!). My question is... could the different nerve issues be linked? or am I just very unlucky? I'm having another MRI on my neck in 2 weeks time should I explain about my leg pain and ask they look at my lumbar section too? I'm feeling pretty miserable so I hope you can offer a little hope.
Anything is possible. I think you should ask for the lumbar section to be checked just to make sure. Best wishes, Sissie
Meralgia paresthetica is compression, entrapment or damage of the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve.

This can be from diabetic and other neuropathic nerve damage, being overweight, or by trauma from a seat belt when involved in a car accident.

The nerve may become painful over a period of time as weight gain makes underwear, belting or the waistband of pants gradually exert higher levels of pressure. Pain may be acute and radiate into the rib cage, and into the groin, thigh, and knee. .  

Long periods of standing or leg exercise that increases tension on the inguinal ligament may also cause pressure.

I have had this condition for some years now.  The physiotherapist initially did not know what it was .  I was told to lose weight to relive the stress on the nerve in the groin area.  My symptoms are numbness and pins and needles that run on the outside thigh down to the knee, and a lot of groin pain.  The more I stand and walk, the worse it gets.  I find the only way to relieve it is to lie down.  Sometimes I will bend my back (like touching the toes) to relieve the pressure.

You do not get (as far as I know) pain on the inner thigh from meralgia parasthetica.  I have never experienced it from this condition.

With your stabbing and burning pain on your inner thigh, I would suggest you see your doctor to look at this.  This could be cellulitis, or phlebitis.  
If it is cellulitis, you will need an antibiotic for this.

I had a similar problem at Christmas time with terrible burning pains on my inner thighs, thinking that it was my "normal" problem, but it turned out to be cellulitis and phlebitis.

Don't know which country you are from, but in the UK if you have an MRI on your neck, they won't MRI anything else, unless directed by the referring physician.

As you were involved in a car accident and the meralgia parasthetica and your neck problems may be connected to that, keep a record of your medical reports and dates and symptoms for when you need these it you pursue a claim for compensation.

Best wishes.