Nerve root block - don't think has worked
I have got severe right arm and shoulder pain.  Was eventually referred to an orthopedic surgeon who did an MRI and diagnosed a C6 disc bulge.  I then had a nerve root block under CT scan (one week ago).  the pain is still there and now I have got severe headaches to go with it :-(

What are the next steps please as I don't have a follow up appointment for three more weeks.

Steph
Hi, Thank you for your question. I think your symptoms may be due to nerve irritation in the cervical (neck) spine because of cervical disc bulge. This pain may be referred and perceived as occurring in the back of head & shoulders (as electric sensation)- LHERMITTES SIGN, arms or chest, rather than just the neck. Other symptoms may include vertigo, nausea (dizziness) and stiffness. It will be best that you consult a neurologist who would like to prescribe Pain killers, steroid and muscle relaxants. Other treatments could be cervical orthosis such as a soft cervical collar or stiffer neck brace to restrict neck movement till you get complete recovery. In addition, cervical traction may also be suggested by the doctor, if condition is severe. Hope this helps.
I have very much the same diagnosis. Let paracentral disc protrusion in C5/C6 with indentation of the ventral theca and impingement of the let exiting C6 nerve root. Had seen the surgeon after the referral for MRI and have been advised a cervical disc replacement cos I'm only 36 and active having busy life and small kids. Did not really have a chance to do much about physiotherapy, 1 manipulation has liberated my nerve and the pain is only at certain positions but constantly having pins and needles. Can't run cos it's not comfortable. Should I go through a surgery? Or rather follow physiotherapy?