Neurology Community
Neuralgia and TMJ

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Neuralgia and TMJ

I have been diagnosed with TMJ and Neuralgia. My pain is in my face, throat and mouth, but it all seems to center around my ear on the left side. Also, I have severe pain in my jaw when I take the first bite of food.

My neurologist started me on Tegretol 200mg in the am and 400mg in the pm, but has increased it to 400mg twice a day. I was taking Percocet for pain, but the neurologist thinks that it is of no use in this type of pain. Tegretol is his only suggestion.

The pain is unbearable. I don't know where to turn. I am thinking that I need to either die or get better. Can anyone please help