Neurology Community
Neuro says paresthesia is my diagnosis. Does this make sense?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I went to a neurologist for paresthesia that started in one foot, then later appeared in the other foot and leg, then both arms with weakness in one. I also had major fatigue, dizziness, difficulty concentrating and now cramping and very tight muscles on my left side. I had blood tests for everything under the sun. After getting the results of my MRI (normal) from the nurse, I asked what the doctor thinks I should do next. She told me the "plan" is to see if the gabapentin she prescribed works. I asked about a diagnosis and said that the paresthesia IS the diagnosis. Um, I thought that was a symptom. Just one symptom. I'm going back to my PCP anyway, but I just thought this was odd and a little irritating because I would like to know what is causing all of my symptoms. Is that unreasonable? I like this doctor and appreciate that she listened and investigated. am I expecting too much?
Did you get blood work for Vitamin B12 deficiency?