Neurology Community
Neurological Concern (Inner Tremor, Sleep Shakes) Mystery Illness

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I am a 29 year old, white male in Michigan, USA.

As many visitors here might experience, I have had an array of unusual neurological symptoms over the past 8 months.  I have seen several doctors and specialists (including second opinions) to include neurologists, infectious disease docs, etc.  I have had pretty much every test under the sun (HIV, MRIs, EMGs, EEGs, Sleep Studies, Western Blot, and the list goes on and on) and everything has come back normal except for 1 and I will go into that further down.

Ok, so let's get on to my symptoms.  At times I have this feeling of an inner tremor of sorts.  It is real hard to explain to someone who hasn't felt it but I would correlate it to having an extreme feeling of a caffeine buzz.  I actually feel my entire upper body tremor internally for a period of time and then as mysterious as it appears it just goes away.  There is really no set schedule on when it comes and goes other than at night which I will get to next paragraph.  It thus far comes and goes randomly but appears to be coming on more frequently as of recent.  The odd thing is that if my wife touches my arms or stomach or chest, etc., she cannot feel a tremor type sensation, I only feel it internally.

Having said that, at very minimal times will I actually notice a difficulty holding my hands stable if I try to hold them in a certain, unrelaxed position.  For example - if I try to hold the phone to my head at just the right angle, sometimes my hands will tremble trying to hold it, but at other times, no problem at all.  I only have the problem when I have the internal tremor but most of the time I have the inner tremor I still don
All i can realy say is  thank god im not the only one

For the last 6 months  my life has been  plauged by health problems   this is just the last in a line of events   ear infections  sinus infections  loads of antibiotics .

I have a problem that sounds  almost exatly like yours .

firstly ive had feelings of virtigo  for the last 6 months  that come and go as they please

this latest problem started about 3 months ago  i first noticed this strange sensation  when i wake up  like a switch going on and off  ---------..........---------..........--------  about 2 seconds at a time    a tremble in my chest and face  it feels  very strong to me  but my partner canot detect it .

more recently  its been happening in the daytime  at random times  it doesnt seem to be triggerd by anything  .  a random trembling in my chest and legs  and sometimes arms   it can last minits  or hours   its  a strong sensation to me   but cant be felt by others .

Its hard to discribe  like  the vibration/ blood rushing feeling you get after  pins n needles .

The past 2 weeks its gotten worse  to the point ware   when i lay down to sleep   after 20 minits   this sensation is so strong  i cant sleep  so i haveto get up  untill it subsides . or take sleeping tablets

its definately made worse  for me  by laying down to sleep  .  

The only anomaly  the doctors have found  is i have a slight atrial flutter   my heartrate  is 100bps
although i am a large lad and my mothers resting bpm is 113

It does feel like my heart is working overtime sometimes    like  sometimes  i only have to  walk down  some steps  and it seems to be hammering away   when infact its nice n steady  n probably a reasonable  rate .

So im starting to wonder if its a circulatory  isue as aparently these can be made worse by laying down
Also my doctor said  that with a faster than normal heartrate  when  your body starts to shut down for the night n slow things down    if your heart  doesnt  slow down  like it should   it can cause  some very odd sensations ..    

I realy hope you discover what it is  .  if you do  id be most intrested in hearing about it  .  i wish i had some advice for you as its  realy  messing me up at the moment  and im shure yoru suffering to

Best regards   Martin
I KNOW I AM RESPONDING TO AN OLD POST ON THIS WEBSITE BUT IF YOU HAPPEN TO LOOK AT YOUR OLD POST please email me at ***@**** I HAVE SOME NEWS FOR YOU.
If it were me, I would make an appt. with a lyme literate medical doctor and get an opinion.  As you already know, lyme testing is not at all reliable.  You are very young to have these kind of symptoms.  Yes, there is lyme in Michigan if you have been told there isn't like I was told here in your neighboring state.
dear john,

please be so kind to post THE GOOD NEWS for us who suffer this mysterious diseases.
i too have same problems like those bartleyk and martin. i suffer from inner tremor if i put any part of my body against something solid eg: putting my arms on desk when i type use computer, or around my bottom area to lower back when ever i sit down. it feels like im sitting down on top of CPU of Refrigerator. PLUS RANDOM TWITCHES. pls be kind to  spare some information.
I have seen Lyme literate docs, as well as most other specialists with no answer.  So if you have any good news JOHN273 please share.  Post it here or private mesage me.  Thanks.

I came across this post in search for answers. I have the inner body tremors and cold chills that are in my head, hands, back, arms, and torso. They come and go with no warning. They can last from seconds to hours. I can be sitting or standing and they will start. At first I thought it was from my coffee in the morning, so I stopped drinking coffee. They stayed. So, I thought it was from my Topamax. My Dr took me off of my Topamax for a while, and it wasn't my Topamax. And the burning sensation is unbelievable. And the crawling sensation that goes through my head like there are bugs running through my scalp. People keep telling me to get tested for MS, but if MRI's can come back normal even if you do have MS why bother? Then someone told me that some migraines can mimic TIA or mini strokes. The way my migraines travel or have to take a course before I get rid of them sounds like mini strokes. It's just a thought. I thought I would share with you what was told to me by Just Answers from a Dr at the Mayo Clinic. I was told to contact Johns Hopkins since I live so close to them. The best way to get answers is to go to a Medical school where they have resources to the most updated information and they have access to certain research studies and a "team" of Dr's instead of just ONE DR to work on the problem.
The  vast majority of people with MS do have abnormal MRI's.  I think I read 85% of people with MS.  When people tell you that you can have a normal MRI and still have MS this is true.  However, it is the exception rather than the rule.  I think anyone who has neurological symptoms should have an MRI of the brain at the very least.  Also an MRI of the cervical spine as some people have spinal  lesions but no brain lesions.  There are other tests as well to rule in or out MS like evoked potentials and/or lumbar puncture in cases where it is difficult to diagnose or uncertain.
Dear bartleyk's
I experienced the same type of tremors at night and the inability to move when I was falling asleep or in a very light sleep.  It scared me a lot.  I had those episodes once a night every week or so for 6 months.  As it turns out, I found out that it's some sort of a sleep disorder, some people have their mind wide awake, while a part of the brain which controls our body is still in deep sleep and therefore not responding.  

My problem were resolved with eliminating stress in my life.  Eating healthier (no more cafeine, chocolate and pop)  and an evening routine of warm bath, evening walk, quiet reading time or other quiet activity to relax you, soothing music, slow breathing when you lay to go to sleep, concentrate on breathing deep, nice and slow.  

I've never had that problem since!
I ran across this discussion in my search for answers.  Much of what you all are saying is true for me, but with one exception -- My body actually does begin to tremor.  At first it was only parts of my body: an arm, a leg, my head...  But it has progressed to where it is full body tremors.  It can be seen by others.  Usually it only lasts a second or so, enough to wake me up, and make my heart pound (although the pulse rate is perfectly normal).

I have noticed that I can almost tell when a spell is coming on now.  It feels much the same as I feel just before I touch someone and shock them.  It's like a fuzzy feeling, or the feeling that some kind of current is running over my body, but very very sublte.

I know that some things make it worse.  Staying awake until 3 AM guarantees a torturous time of jerking awake when I try to sleep.  I'm on meds for migraines and depression, and if I forget to take them, I'm set up for a hard night.  The worst night ever was the night I came down with a migraine so bad that I went into the ER (bad as in I was crying from the pain, and couldn't answer the questions).  They gave me some kind of narcotic, and it was like poison.  My family watched horrified as every time I'd start to fall asleep, my body would sieze for about six seconds.  It can't be epilepsy though, because I'm conscious and can talk (not to mention that this only happens as I'm falling asleep.)

I don't think I've been tested either for lyme or for metals  I will suggest that next time I go in.

I just so want to be able to go to sleep.  I'm developing an aversion because this happens to some degree almost every night.
Your systems posted on June 22, 2007 are exactly the same as I'm going through plus more. Here is the question I just posed to the neurology forum, which goes into more detail about what they are. Is there any update on your condition or a diagnosis that you have received? Please share. It's been almost a year since my first symptoms developed - visual problems - transient obscurations of vision that got progressively worse. The opthamologist said my optic nerves were elevated. After a floroscein angiogram confirmed that the optic nerves were swollen, I was asked to get a spinal tap to see if they could pinpoint the
cause. In the meantime, I also developed twitching in my lip and tingling in my hands and legs. I was hospitalized a total of 4 times within a month with a complete workup done for MS, including multiple MRI's and a spinal tap which showed nothing except a couple non-specific lesions in the brain. I was put on IV Solumedrol steroids to resolve "possible optic neuritis", which didn't resolve after the steroids and I was told it's not optic neuritis. I was then referred to the Mayo Clinic for the optic nerve issue, which they determined was "suspected pseudotumor cerebri" and put me on Diamox. A few months of going out there for checkups showed that the swelling wasn't resolving so I ultimately ended up getting off Diamox since a different neurologist that I started seeing locally didn't believe it was pseudotumor cerebri. I have also developed tremor in both hands which comes and goes, joint pains (no visible swelling), muscle twitches all over, weird sensations and parasthesias which are worse in my right arm and right leg, swelling in my left parotid gland which they did a biopsy on and said it's not cancerous (whew!), pain in different parts of the body that comes and goes, palpitations, heartbeat like thumping in my palms that makes my fingers twitch off and on, dry eye syndrome, nose bleeds a few times from the right nostril, shaking inside my body when I'm sleeping or when I just wake up. The body shaking has been getting progressively worse, so bad that I feel my entire body moving - this happens more than I first lay down in bed, if I'm woken up suddenly. I'm not sure if it is ongoing in my sleep or not, although I do wake up once or twice a night due to my fingers twitching or moving involuntarily  , the list goes on. I have seen multiple neurologists, neuroopthamologists , cardiologist, rheumatologists, but don't have an answer. I was back in the hospital last week and they repeated all MRI's - brain, cervical, thorassic and lumbar spine and with the exception of the same two non-specific lesions they found in May '08, everything was normal. The lumbar spine one showed signs of degenerative disk disease but no herniation. They also did all possible blood work to check me for RA, Sjoren's Syndrome, lupus, other autoimmune diseases, but all those tests and all blood work was normal. The quality of my life continues to deteriorate but everytime I see a doctor, they have no answers. Has anyone experienced similar symptoms and received a diagnosis? Any help or advice will be appreciated.
ive had similar innertremors.. on chest area.. and back of neck..plus pulsating in back of neck.. had a bunch of tests. mri of neck, head, thorasic.. ekg. ncv. other nerve tests..all normal..they tell me its anxiety.. its very hard to believe.. but it might be true.. i actually hope so
I have the same symptoms at 49ys old. But my inner tremors happen only at mid-day naps. I also have ear ticking from time to time in either ear & for a while dizzy or fainting feelings. Ive been told its an outa body experience and remember that we are all basically electrical, so im wondering since everyone is diagnosed normal if it could be some unknown phenominon that has yet to be discoved by mediacl Drs??
I have had inner tremor for six months and it is now controlled (by chance) with simple medication, which I'll explain later. My symptoms are much the same as described by others. It affects my legs, arms and head/neck. I also feel it in my jaws when eating. There is no visible tremor. It's much worse on waking. I also have lots of muscle twitches. MRI and neuro tests all OK. Neurologist says its not PD or MS and says that the symptoms are very rare and may just go away or it could be latent Essential Tremor. Separately, I had slightly high blood pressure and too high resting pulse rate 100bpm. For this I was prescribed Propranolol 10 mg twice a day. This not only sorted out the heart and blood pressure but also stopped the inner tremor. I know its the Propranolol working, because if I stop the medication the tremor returns. It also returns if I have significant alcohol, because apparently alcohol stops the med working.

It might be worth others trying Propranolol (low dose) to see if it reduces symptoms.
have any of you checked out the website  www.orthostatictremor.org  i have been diagnosed with this and some of you sound similar, im now trying to find if any research has been done into steroids only when i take them for my ashtma it gets so much better, but the neurologist has never heard that!!! take care everyone and good luck, Gill
Please help...these inner vibrations etc symptoms started for me March 4th during a trip to Mexico and maybe after a "sting" by an insect there. I also have a lot of burning...anyone else?? As you all, my extensive tests and exams show normal- thank God but what is going on?? Does anyone have an answer that they have found or has anyone had this go away finally?? Please, any answers anyone???? So disturbing and bizarre.
Oh and like most of you the inner vibrations are in the upper body region...chest, back,arms etc. - my inner vibrations are in this area of the body as well. Please post if anyone has had any "real" help and how, what, who, and where did you get your help and answers.  Thanks!
I'm 23, and experiencing the same problems. They started a few days ago, and i've never really had them before. I think its pretty clear when its something the doctors can't find any evidence for they simply write it off as, "Anxiety," which i find absurd. I have a very calm life, and i take no prescription medications what so ever. I do have the tendency to be anxious at times, but quickly rationalize it to calm down.

I have inner tremors, and it mostly happens at night and wakes me up in fact. I'm reluctant to take prescription drugs just yet, but feel i might have to.  
it sounds like some on this page have different symptoms from the original poster.  but addressing some of the more common:

first, the sleep problems - when your brain wakes up but your body will not move - this is known as sleep paralysis.  sometimes pressure on your body, tremors, buzzing in your ear, and even hallucinations can occur.  but it happens to almost everyone at some point in their lives.  some have it for long periods of time, others experience only once.  

secondly shaking -  i have been known to go through fairly violent twitching or shaking while falling asleep.  sometimes i just tremble.  it comes and goes, but i've found that it happens most often in times of stress.

inner tremors - i have felt something similar to a few of you - i have been really convinced there was a generator or something electric under the floor that was making me feel vibrations until i realized there really was nothing.  i have no idea what it is, but i don't let it worry me too much - let me know though if you find out something.

visible trembling/shaking - however, i've also gone into terrible trembling which was visible to all - this was a result of an extreme anxiety attack.  i know, some of you will be skeptical.  but panic attacks are known for coming when you're not actually feeling panicky or stressed about anything.  they just hit.  and if they are severe, they have very physical results.  one is severe trembling.  another is numbness in hands and feet/arms and legs, or face.  sometimes your muscles will feel extremely tight very suddenly.  i've been to hospitals twice for this reason; once i even called 911 because i thought i was having a stroke - it was really that physical and terrifying.

in the end, if you have symptoms and they are bothering you, go see a doctor.  because it may indeed be something serious.  and if nothing else, seeing a doctor will make you feel better.  if the doctor can't figure it out, keep trying, but realize that a lot of things really have to do with stress and anxiety.  focus on lowering those.  and remember not everything that happens with your body is a sign of illness or disease!
Almost a year & I still have inner tremmors as I sleep. Every single time. Even a nap. I dont take anything but vitamins & am pretty healthy. My research has lead me to belive it is KUNADLINI RISING up my spine. This is eastern & not reckognized by our western Drs. Look it up & see if the symptoms fit.

Im perfectly fine during the days & live a calm quiet rural life. No stress
hey all im 25 years of age, and i also i suffer the same problem the inner shacking and i i have for the past 7months.
I have pretty bad anxiety but its alot better and suffered it for 4 years.
im realy scared of the inner shacking as its been happening through the day as well as when i am trying to sleep well on the verge of sleep.

it started may 09 and yes it has gotton a bit better but the docters says it is anxiety so on to the zoloft i go which mind you did help it alot.but as i was feeling better i went of zoloft and with in a couple of days it was back the promblem im having is on the verge to sleep i here a noise and it starts the inner shacking in my chest i thought it was my heart at first, but its like shacking from the inside,it feels terrible, it helps to have your bedroom door shut no noise just a black room helped me alot to get to sleep, it doesnt happen to me when i am in a deep sleep i can wake up and i will be fine just when im on the verge of a deep sleep, it scared me so much a while back and i was to scared to sleep,

Also through the day the inside tremors start if im just sitting down and i get up and start running or i start boxing the same thing happenes the inside of my chest starts shakeing from the inside out .
maybe it is anxiety i dont no
Guys, you should check your middle ear for something called Perilymphatic Fistula which is a small, practically undetectable, hole in the labyrinth.  It can occur spontaneously, and it can be fixed with a small procedure. It definitely explains the inner tremors, even the dizziness as time goes by. It can develop into vertigo. It can be difficult to detect though. The ENT must be a specialist.
Also, if it is PLF it is aggravated by: a) salt, b) caffeine, c) blood rush in the head (lying down etc), d) alcohol, e) phosphorus.  You may notice some synchronization between your pulse and the tremors, such as say five (tremors) to every beat. This is probably because the labyrinth detects, since it has a hole, some nearby arteriole.
I am 49 and have been having these attacks off and on for a few years.  I haven't consulted a physician.  My tremors occur only at night and it is mainly upper body with the worst being in my cranial cavity.  It feels like my brain is having seizures.  It is really scary and I am just too afraid to go to the doctor!  I have recently developed a feeling of weakness, during the day.  I also have shaking hands.  
Just reading through everyones comments. I have the same tremoring sensation that a lot of you have experienced. Even my husband commented that he could feel me vibrating while i was sleeping. I have a lot of trouble getting off to sleep, twitch a lot and my hands often shake. I have  found something that works that you may be interested in. Of course i'm not saying it will work for all of you, but i have noticed it works for me.
I take 2 zinc and magnesium tablets before bed at night. I am now able t relax and don't seem to have any vibrating when i remember to take them. Magnesium i believe needs zinc to help it be absorbed(correct me if i am wrong) Magnesium also absorbs metals in the body and helps them be  excreted. Most people are magnesium deficient in Australia, so it's quite likely that foods grown in America or wherever you are from are also deficient.

Hope this helps, you have nothing to lose, so give it a try and let me know if it works for you.
I too have had the 'torso tremors' for the past four months..... went to the doctor, thinking I was waking up at night having a heart attack in the middle of the night. All tests were normal, anxiety and panic attacks were diagnosed. Surprised me to find a normal pulse in the middle of the next night.... and that my heart was fine..... it is not one thing that causes stress and anxiety and panic in sleep,,,,, it is many things which in and of themselves are not the cause,,,,, but the compounded effect of all of them accumulates in your body.... meditation, relaxation, hugs, friends, good love all help ;)

torsotremor
Wow, it feels great to finally find that other people have this problem too (not in the misanthropic sense!).  I first noticed this internal tremor feeling (in my upper torso and arms) a few years ago when I was 24 (I'm now 30).  Either while in that half-sleep stage while initially falling asleep, or when awakening in the middle of the night, I'd be aware of this inner tremor for anywhere from a few seconds to a couple minutes.  However, as soon as my brain switched to 'fully-awake' mode, all signs of it would vanish.  I've tried to touch my chest or arms to feel for any shaking too, but could never detect any outward physical signs of it.  I can never quite describe it well - I would always say I feel like a hamster (as they're perpetually vibrating as you hold them).

It definitely got me worried too! I had thought it may be an initial sign of MS or Parkinson's (though PD symptoms are just the opposite, occurring only when awake and vanishing when asleep).  However, despite the occasional anxiety over the symptoms, it honestly doesn't interfere with my sleep or daily life if I simply ignore and accept it.  

The good news is this:  despite having this for about 6 years now, it has become essentially no worse (though, some nights the tremor feels somewhat disconcertingly stronger, while other nights are symptom-free).  The bad news:  I can't get rid of the thing, so I (we) may well remain stuck with this.  

I'm interested in the suggestions above that this may be heavy-metal induced (like arsenic), and the seeming Propranolol effects (anyone know what mechanism that drug acts on?).  I personally will always avoid medications if possible, and won't seek any out to treat this, but perhaps there is a synonymous natural remedy out there that does the same thing (as in food or supplement)?  The Magnesium idea may also be worth a try.  I also wonder if there may be a serotonin-shortage/dopamine connection (as I also always have a hard time becoming sleepy or falling asleep).

I also have occasional spells of feeling lightheaded/dizzy (where I can't quite focus on things, visually or mentally), or of feeling very jittery (my current guess is a random output of adrenaline, perhaps to compensate for low blood sugar?).  Periodically, I'll have an ever-present feeling of malaise for days at a time, often accompanied by a sour-rag/pesticide type smell in my nose.  I'm not sure if there's any link between these symptoms and the inner tremors, but I thought I'd put them out there in case someone might make a connection, perhaps an exposure to some environmental toxicity that we who are dealing with this are more uniquely susceptible to.  

Hey Everyone,

I have very similar effects as posted.  I am turning 29 yrs soon,  started getting terrible tremors that affect my sleep as well as daily functioning.  I had them since about 25 yrs old but barely noticeable.  I did a bunch of blood tests didn't show anything.  I haven't been tested for metals or anything but it's strange.  I always thought that this is either stress or anxiety  related.  I thought that that it's caused by heart pounding since that's what I felt initially.  However, when I checked my pulse, BP and respiration all was fine.  So I thought that solution to it was to do cardio work outs.  I tried running or swimming it actually felt better but that didn't really stop the symptoms in long term.  Did the symptoms get worse overtime for other people here?
I endured these sleep vibrations/ tremors for 5 years before being diagnosed with Essential Tremor.  Not all who have Essential Tremor have internal tremors or sleep/wake tremors, but I do.  They increase in severity with lack of sleep (snowball effect!), with increased stress, or with frequent sleep interruptions.  Being "undiagnosed" causes anxiety, which makes tremors worse.  So then you get the "anxiety" diagnosis instead.  Not so.  Tremors first, then anxiety.  
The tremors are caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain which refines motor movement.  It's worse waking up and falling asleep b/c your brain is shifting gears, in my case grinding those gears.
I've found Klonopin (from my neurologist - a movement disorder specialist) helps.  I have not tried propanolal (sp?).  Try to get in to see a neuro who specializes in movement disorders.  ET goes undiagnosed for many people for a long time, and can be very anxiety producing.
I've had this inner tremor for 4 years, beginning when I found mold in my house.  Recently, I've been diagnosed with Lyme disease.  Don't know which came first, but the Lyme Literate Doctors feel that it is being caused by the Lyme spirochete lodging in the back of the neck muscles.  As the antibiotics kill the Lyme bacteria, the "tremor like feeling" should go away.  At least that's what I hope!
Keep the faith!
I just read on the ET and it's not really clear, does that cause neurodegeneration?
Bartleyk,

You described almost exactly what I have been going through the last 10 years or so of my life that I can remember.  I am up tonight because I already had 3 episodes of this sleep tremor or shake.  Like you said, it is hard to describe.  For me it always occurs during the onset of sleep (Usually w/in 1st 30 minutes) and can occur multiple times.  I am half asleep when this happens and I have a hard time moving any body part.  It feels like my head is shaking and vibrating and its a pretty scary experience.  It almosts feels like a brain seizure but again I don't recall if I am actually physically moving or wethere my eyes are rapidly moving.  I have tried for years to figure out what causes this phenomena but I have come up short-handed.  The docs at first thought I had sleep paralysis and then they ruled that out and said it was sleep starts.  I had three sleep studies done but I didn't experience this issue on two of them.  The third study when I had this episode occur it was a mild one and no proof of physical movement.  Sleep has been a nightmare for myself and I never look forward to sleep because of this problem.  If anyone knows what I'm experiencing and/or have any suggestion that could help with my situation I would greatly appreciate any advice.  Thanks.
Do any of you have pains or cramps where tremors are. Do you also feel vibrations. One time in hand in next in torso or leg.  One place at a time. Any of you feel waves like... while standing for long? I also have above and tremors/shaking or vibrating sensations. But dull pain also... All MRI, EMG blood work... lupus and other normal so far. Happening for 4 months. all symptoms sudden and getting stronger.
I have had the exact problem as many of you.  I'm 41 yrs old & I was diagnosed with
BBPV Vertigo about 6 weeks ago. The Vertigo was getting much better. About a week ago I had my first night of tremors. Everytime I start to doze off (not quite asleep yet) I feel inner tremors that wake me with a burst of energy - like a caffeine buzz. My outer body doesn't seem to be vibrating...just inner. It happens in my legs, stomach, head, hands arms, feet..everywhere.

I've been extrememly active in seeing a few doctors this week including a neurologists. I even went to the ER on my first night thinking I was having seizures!  The ER doctor thought it could be anxiety/panic attacks. CT Brain scan normal, blood work all normal.  Not sure where to go from here. I've been taking Ativan for 8 days & my neurolgist says to STOP because it's highly addictive. I'm now taking Neurontin & it lessens the feeling of tremors but I still get that "burst of energy" that prevents me from falling alseep. It's scarry. I'll continue with testing.  
I have the same problems. They began about 6 years ago around age 29. But have become severe since October of '09. I was hospitalized then and was told it was anxiety. They told me to see a shrink. I did, he told me it was metabolic and is sending me back to the medical docs. I've had: MRI of brain and spine; full body CT- which I had a horible reaction to the dye- underlying thyroid condition? Had every blood test, etc. I asked for Celiac's panel and bingo! I have Celiac's. Went to one of those nature docs and found out I have severe deficiencies in magnesium, selenium, potassium, all omegas (fish oil), beta carotine, lysine, arganine, carnatine, vitamin D3, B12, B3, and the list goes on. I am 40 lbs overweight, yet my body is completely malnourished. The potasssium espically help the heart palps. Potassium is responsible for the electrical conduct of the heart. I also had a very low progesterone. Turns out selenium is required by the thyroid to make the thyroid hormones and the thyroid in turn assists in progesterone production. It could be anything. I'm not saying I feel better yet. I've only been on the vitamins for a few weeks. I'm sure this takes time. I also had a high cadmium level (toxic element). But I'm taking my suppliments and using xanax for now to get through this. May God help us all and heal us. I just want to live. So sick of being sick!
hi,

ive had internal tremors every night now for 3 years, first time i had i thought i was run down with a cole.

the only time they went away was when i was on steroids for something else - but steroid side affects are a nightmare.

my doctors think its in my head - that im just stressed.  im not.

the neurologist hasnt a clue.

anyone else get these at night?
im a hot shot driver in texas. i have these tremors while i try and nap during the day. its scary and strong. but goes away in a few seconds and im fine. i feel it in m chest and hands and arms and face too. i wonder if ive come in contact with to many radioactive parts in the oilfield. I'm with you guys its scary.
hi im Niño, i also have those symptoms first i will tell you some backgrounds, Im from philippines,

Now here in phils. we have a disorder/illness named ''pasmado'' it is the shaking of some parts of your body or sometimes your whole body and you know where you can get this pasmado im gonna give you an ex. the pasmado hands - occurs when your hands are very tired like when you iron your clothes for a long period of time and immediately wash your hands with water, and you do this repeatedly, in that your hands will start to shake.... Now all of you that have any parts of your body shaking, because you are pasmado... now the inner tremer you called i think its because your eyes your brain your head is very tired, very tired because almost all the time you are at your PC, and after your done with your pc a very long period of time you immidiately wash your face or take a shower before you go to sleep in a very late at night... YOw that is when pasmado comes,, discipline dude... take some rest before you take shower atleast 15-20 mins rest because even your brain is getting tired also , your brain is "pasmado" that is why you are suffering this symptoms and that is why even the doctors cannot figure out whats wrong with you... Im gonna tell you though that pasmado is not that worse it can be cure by medications and proper ""higene""  later im gonna tell you some tips and treatment to this.. i think pasmado occurs because the circulation of blood in your nerves are improper... ""im sorry for my english im not that to fluent^__^""

Now evrytime you feel tired of doing something make a time to take some rest before you take a bath or shower.. prevention is better that cure... now for a treatment before you take a bath make a warm water and put a salt on it.. also a sea water is good. thats it... lets do a disciplinary actions...

If it is effective and make all your symptoms are gone... i am glad to hear your appreciation and a TY from you.. I appriciate more if you will thank me in my email ***@**** ..i just wanted to help because i just felt all those kind of wierd symptoms..
hi all - i have all the symptoms described and they are bloody scarey. does anyone else live in a house that has data processing cabling for internet. it is sometimes called category 5 cables. it can cause these symtoms (symptoms) and have a negative effect on nervous system and disrupt the endocrine system. all cat 5 cables are unshielded and cause EMF radiation. If it is not your house it may be in your place of work!
Interesting that so many are experiencing this. I too have had internal brain tremors (sometimes the chest area) for 1.5 years now when I sleep. It is having an increasing effect on the quality of my life. Fatigue and a mental fog at times that magnesium (slomag) is helping some. I am working with a Dr. who specializes in environmental issues. First (actually after getting nowhere with a couple of neurologist and I will skip all of that) I went to chronic neurotoxin website with Dr Shoemaker and took his VCS test for $15.00. Mine was positive for neurotoxins (makes sense so far).

So, so far I am positive for neurotoxins, slightly deficient in magnesium, and slight neuropathy with all of the testing I have had done (otherwise quite healthy). I am looking for an electromagnetic wave detector at this time. I have tried to correlate when we added our wireless internet dish/service to our home. I have disconnected all of our cordless phones. Wondering about dish network. Willing to shut down all electricity to home at night to experiment. I am thinking that some sort of electrical wave is irritating or increasing the neurotoxins which then irritates the tissues and causes excitation?? If it is not in our home then the towers for cell phones in our area. Dr. Klinghardt  has information in the area on the web and there is actually a shield you can buy that goes over your bed.

I live with 5 others who are healthy and fine in this home. So, why me? (no not anxiety or psych)  I think it is the neurotoxins. Not sure what they are from: chemicals, herbicides, mold, lyme ruled out, etc... My goal is to find the cause not just cover up symptoms with a medication that makes you sleep so deep that you don't realize what is going on. I finish all allergy testing and mold testing next week and then back to the environmental doc to start a plan of action!! I am sure it will be detoxifying the central nervous system while supporting the body in other ways. If this does not produce the results then I will travel to Md which will be a flight or 12 hour drive to see Dr Shoemaker. I will be surprised if I still have these after testing negative to neurotoxins.

Love to share and will continue with any progress or insight and loved to read your post as well. God Bless you all!
Incredible to read all this. Nearly a year and a half of all these symptoms, no end to it, feeling like I have lost total control of my life. Have had every test done and all inconclusive, although I live in China and testing and conditions are appraised differently. It started very suddenly. Doctors are VERY keen to diagnose panic disorder but I keep battling with the belief that it’s a disease. I have spent thousands of dollars in the last two years trying to uncover the cause of night and day internal tremors – someone left the engine on but the cars not moving – a disconnection from previous feeling/sense of my body, just don’t sleep without medication. I have always had tons of energy. This hasn’t changed and I exercise a lot still. I also developed asthma at the same time. At times I feel like killing myself. I ended a relationship I couldn’t be with someone feelings that tremor all the time. I would give everything I have to get back a good night’s sleep and a still body. Anything anyone knows….
Finally I've found others who have similar problems!  Basically I had the inner tremor, shaky feeling in hands, headaches, dizziness a year ago then they all went away about the time my doctor thought it was due to a cholesterol lowering medication (a statin).   She took me off those meds but simultaneous I was having physical therapy and couldn't tell what made the really stop.  But recently, one year after the symptoms stopped, they have suddenly come back, a little worse and a little different this time.  

I am now beginning to wonder if it is stress-related.  I have had a series of major life disappointments over the last eight months that has left me in a perpetual state of grief and anxiety which I can't seem to pull out of even with medications and counseling.  

From readying the posts here I have some suggestions for the doctor of what to check into.  Thanks much to all and I’ll let you know what my results may be.  
I, too, have been having this problem.  At first it was all internally, recently I have been shaking so badly that it has awakened my husband.  Last night was a very bad episode; the top of my head starting hurting like a migraine with all the "pins and needles" feeling as a result of the shaking.  I saw the dr. two times last year, and had repeat tests were for circulation in my legs, and for an abdominal aneurism (aneurysm), all okay.  I was told it was stress, of which I did, and still do have.  However, it has really gotten worse, almost every night and several times each night.  Like I said, last night was the very worse.  Has anyone questioned their doctor about sleep seizures?

I am going to try the magnesium and zinc to see if this makes a difference.
So glad I found this forum! I am a 32 male. I have had occasional sleep paralysis since high school. Just within the last couple months, I have had the trembling in my chest and back of the neck, along with a slight paralyzed feeling upon waking from naps only. Never at night. I always nap on the couch, and thought maybe it was the position I sleep in on the couch that was causing it, but I just took a nap in my bed today and experienced the trembling twice. It disappears as fast as it appears. (by the way, my sleep paralysis has ALWAYS taken place on a couch during a nap). I have high blood pressure, and have been trying to bring it down with certain natural remedies (omega 3, garlic) to avoid prescripts. I actually took 3 aspirin before today's nap experience, so I don't feel it's b.p. related. But I'm no doctor. I'm a stressed-out graphic designer who needs a couple drinks or some melatonin to fall asleep at night. I get the feeling it is of close relation to my sleep paralysis, because of when and where it takes place. But don't take my word for it, I just wanted to share my thoughts. Wish everyone here the best in health!
Another interesting thought I just wanted to add:
When the trembling first started happening, I was worried it was my heart about to explode. But I've noticed the last couple times, the trembling/vibrating feeling in my chest will go incredibly fast, then instantly slow down, then fast, and so on. Instant speed change, as if at the flick of a switch. I've never noticed my heartrate changing like that. When my heart speeds up or slows down, it's always gradual (sometimes gradually-fast in an instantly stressful moment) but never instant. And after I fully awake from the feeling, I will put my hand on my heart. It will be beating fast, but at the speed it beats at when I am in an anxiety-inducing situation (such as this) and not at the insanely fast speed I felt during the trembling experience. I'm really leaning toward the neurological side on this subject. I would love to learn more about this.
I have been sick with these same symptoms for 9 years now. I have internal trembling and sleep paralysis, mostly when I wake up from a nap or in the morning, or occasionally when I am just lying down. At times it has been so severe I've actually gone to the ER.

I've seen well over 20 doctors with no diagnosis, and I have many other horrible symptoms as well. The reason I'm posting is because I've actually made significant progress and discovered the reason for my symptoms.

At the time this all started I was in college and there was a toxic mold problem (stachybotris chartarum). It affects everyone differently, but several of my friends got very sick, and my best friend also had the internal trembling and sleep paralysis. My college did a big cover-up and I didn't find out about it until recently, but these are both common symptoms of toxic mold poisoning. It is very scary, and very possible you were exposed to it and never knew.

I found a blog about a family who also got toxic mold poisoning, and it is very insightful: http://moldrecovery.blogspot.com/2009/01/timeline-of-events.html

Also, I have been on the Paleo Diet for only 2 weeks now, but the symptoms seem to have completely disappeared. One doctor did mention that the internal trembling sounded like a blood-sugar abnormality, and this diet works to balance blood sugar and insulin levels. It is very fast and effective. You can google "Paleo Diet" for more info, but it has helped me in 2 weeks more than anything I've tried over the last 9 years.

I am 30 years old, by the way.
Please isn't there a Dr. out there anyone in the world that can help us?

I have had these internal tremors for 2 years now and I swear it is driving me insane. I am no longer able to work, getting through each day is a lot of work.  I go to sleep and tremble violently, not on the outside, but on the inside.My tremors are internal.

They seem to effect my heart also it feels like my heart is racing at night, but I don't think it is.

I wake up trembling internally so badly from sleeping, it requires me to take a Klonopin to stop the internal tremors.

Then my body 24-hours a day is vibrating.

Of course I too have been to every specialist imaginable, had brain scans, all kinds of scans, my Dr's argue with me it's anxiety.  I'm not anxious, but my health is really scaring me.

I don't know what to do, my Dr's say "there is nothing more than can do for me" and I'm losing hope.

My healh is so bad, I really have a hard time living this way anymore.

I have even printed out these posts and taken them to my Dr's and they don't want to even see them, they think I am imagining this.

Please again, if there is a Dr. out there who knows what this is, please help us!!!
This was the first website I went to when I started the symptoms about 2 months ago and I stayed up all night reading every single post. I wanted to commit suicide when it first happened. It started when I was waken up with nonstop twitching on my right triceps. The following couple of months I started having inner vibrations all over my body along with the twitching. I was admitted to the E.R but the blood test and CT scan came back negative, they gave me a couple of Ativan (anxiety med.) and sent me home. I've been to the doctors more times in 2 months than my entire life and they keep thinking it's anxiety. A message I got from one doctor that I think helped me a little, she said "don't look at an egg and think it will be a chicken" she said that because I was worried of what it might turn out to be. I was prescribed many different types of sleeping pills, anxiety/depression meds but I wanted to know what the real cause first because if it's in fact stress or anxiety it's better to eliminated it naturally instead of taking the meds so I started to "soul search" to see what could possibly be stressing me out. Sometimes you feel anxious or stress about things but you don't really know because we like to think we are a strong person mentally and that's what make the stressors in the back of your mind, unconsciously. I started elimiminating one by one all the stressors in my life and it seemed to work. But what worked for me the most was that I turn to God for guidance. I'm Catholic but I had never been a religious person; however, when you don't have anyone to rely on you turn to God. This experience/disease has helped connected to God, the higher power and it's helping me tremendously. I started asking him to show me what to do. I started to feel much calmer and have peace in my life. I learned to let go and let God take care of my future, whatever it is, it's up to him and not me. I started to realize my decision of commiting suicide was a mistake because it wasn't my life to take, God gave me this life and it's up to him to take it. I  don't know if I ever be cured of this but posting this for me is somewhat of a healing process. I hope you all would turn to God before starting on those meds. God can only come in if you open your door to him. Believe me, 10 Hail Marys get you to fall asleep quicker than any sleeping pills.
If you guys think I might be able to help shoot me an email: ***@****
About a year ago I had a lot of the symptoms that have been mentioned in this post.  Lately they have started coming back again.  I wanted to tell my story so that hopefully it would help some of you.  The way I got over it a year ago was by seeing a homeopathic nutritionist who checked all of my organs doing something called Quantum Reflex Analysis.  Basically, I was very vitamin deficient, mostly D and calcium, and my liver, gallbladder, and kidneys all needed to be cleaned out.  I also had "leaky gut" which was causing toxins to leak into my blood from my intestines.  After two months of cleansing, taking lots of good vitamins (not the toxic ones from Walmart), and fixing my leaky gut, which in my case was from a lack of hydrochloric acid in my stomach, but is more commonly caused by a candida overgrowth, I felt much, much better.  I used to have severe migraines about every other week, and I've only had two very mild ones in the past 8 months or so, and I believe those two were brought on by stress.  My symptoms come back, although not anywhere near as severe, every time I try to lose weight.  I believe that it is the toxins in my fat stores being released into my body.  I've slowly lost 60 pounds over the last year, but I still have another 60 to lose, and when I try to lose it quickly, such as by doing Atkins or HCG, my symptoms come back again.  Tonight it is the tremors, which is why I am online.  I figured it was probably a vitamin deficiency and that it would be easy to find, but when I found these posts, I realized it was all just part of the same old problem.  I've also just started a whole body cleanse, which seems also cause the symptoms, because it is releasing toxins back into the bloodstream.  After my experience a year ago, I've decided that going to traditional doctors is just a waste of money and time.  I spent hundreds of dollars on a single visit to a traditional doctor who told me I was perfectly healthy, and when I went to see the nutritionist, it was 75 bucks, and it actually worked!  One other thing: the anxiety often comes from not knowing what the heck is wrong with you.  I know exactly how that feels.  I hope that this information will help some of you.  Good luck!
Internal Vibrations & The Rewiring Process

At this point many people have been living with this inner body vibrations, shaking, electrical-like current inside their bodies. This started for me many years ago and it took me a while to discern what it really was. I’ve talked about it before but wanted to mention it again because I’m still feeling it (day and night, awake and asleep) many years later and I know many of you are too.

For some people it’s a newer experience and one that’s rather confusing and could be—if you didn’t know what the causes of it are—rather frightening as well. It was never physically painful for me and I’ve never heard anyone else claim it was for them either. It is however, weird feeling and mildly distracting. When it suddenly stops, it’s rather shocking to then realize how intense and constant it had been inside you.

This inner body vibration is what’s called the Rewiring and that is an accurate term for this process. Because of the ongoing ascension or highly compressed evolutionary process humanity is in now, our whole nervous systems (and so much more) simply must evolve to accommodate the tremendously higher and faster frequency energies. The Sun and the cosmos continue to blast Earth and of course humanity with higher vibrating Light Energies. Our lower world 3D body/bodies (physical body, astral, emotional, mental, etheric etc.) weren’t designed for these higher frequencies so we evolve or ascend vibrationally, physically, and in all other ways as well. If we didn’t do this we would fry, or, we’d check out of our physical bodies (die physically). Those who wish to remain in their current physical body and go through all of the ongoing ascension/evolutionary changes will have these numerous upgrades, “rewiring”, ascension symptoms and much more. Them’s the rules! Fly much higher or fry and eventually exit the old lower frequency body/vehicle. No shame either way, just  individual soul choice.

So this Rewiring process takes time—years even—and like I said, it isn’t physically painful so don’t worry about it. It does feel a little strange at first, like some inner body electrical energy is vibrating inside you. I’ve felt it move slowly throughout my whole body over the years, like different areas of my body were being worked on and upgraded to have my nervous system and other physical and energetic bodies and parts NOT fry or overload. I’ve used the analogy of trying to run 220 electricity through 110 wiring in a house and it just doesn’t work and you run the risk of setting the whole house on fire! This Rewiring is beyond kundalini rising in the old lower 3D body; this is about the body being upgraded/evolved energetically to accommodate vastly higher Light energies running constantly through you and it. This is going from a 3D nervous system to a 5D nervous system, and it feels a bit weird when the Rewiring process is happening. Fear not as it’s a great sign really.

Know too that if you’re experiencing the Rewiring in your body, then you’re also in the ongoing process of having your two brain hemispheres building new connections (being Rewired too) to have a whole brain with NO divider, NO Veil or polarized separation within it as we did in the old lower 3D polarized world and dimension. Talk about an upgrade! Just imagine, if you can, what you and I will be able to do, perceive, create, envision, know, connect with, see and feel all because we’ve integrated our brain hemispheres AND our nervous systems (and so much more)  and can carry vastly higher frequency Light energies? We literally won’t be the same species. We’ll be higher frequency Aquarian Age beings that carry more Light than they could prior. How very exciting and encouraging!

So don’t freak-out or panic when you feel some internal vibration that feels like a mild electric current buzzing and shaking slightly through your physical body in different areas. It’s just this Rewiring process which is a great sign. Float through it and remember to give yourself credit for literally transmuting into a new higher frequency being. This is a lot of hard work on multiple levels and dimensions so be kind to yourself and rest as much and as often as you need. Happy ongoing  body and brain Rewiring everyone.

Denise Le Fay
I just wandered back to this site for the first time in about a year, and I thought I'd write an update to my post above here from a year ago:  I did some neurological tests a few months back, based on a premise of disautonomia (a vague catch-all for an autonomic nervous system that's not quite right).  Overall, the conclusion was "mild disautonomia" and a deficiency in vitamin D.  The only thing that appeared abnormal was in a tilt-table test, my blood pressure had a noticeable lag and tendency to overshoot when attempting to normalize based on my physical position (horizontal or vertical).  And as for the remedy, the doctor's advice was simply this: live with it, as there is really nothing that they know to do about it.  

The internal tremors almost seem to have subsided entirely in the past few months.  Either that, or I've become so accustomed to their fleeting, sleepy-time presence that I give them no notice anymore.  The odd, vague dizziness and lack of focus seems to have improved as well.  The random jittery feeling (what feels like a random shot of adrenalin), unfortunately is a daily occurrence as of late, but seems to be very connected to my eating schedule.  Basically, at between 2 and a half to 3 hours after eating, the feeling hits me, and then doesn't really subside until I eat something again.  As long as I maintain a regular intake of meals and snacks, I can deal with it.  It is awfully unpleasant at times if I don't eat soon enough and let it get a hold on me.  However, even then, as long as I eat a good amount of something and just lay down and rest, it goes away in 10-20 minutes.  (Through all phases of this, my blood sugar tests normal and constant, so go figure).  

One change I've made in the past year or so is that I've switched to drinking almost exclusively natural spring water.  Over the previous years, I was drinking either well water (perhaps contaminated with heavy metals or who knows what, really?) or city-municipal water.  I can't prove if this change is a cause for improvement or not, but I'll keep it up in any case.  Also, it seems to me that stress, while not necessarily the sole cause here, certainly does aggravate our condition, whatever it is, and that as I feel less stressed (and in a nod to awakened525's post earlier, as I trust God more that He is in control, and give this whole issue over to Him), I find I have less tremor, shakiness, dizziness, etc.  

Interesting notes in the previous post here.  It's funny, just before I read that post, I was thinking that all these internal tremors and odd, inner-electric feelings sounded reminiscent of a topic I surfed upon some time ago about people who describe out-of-body experiences and astral projection and that whole realm.  Those people often describe an inner vibration that rises and culminates with their soul or spirit or being or awareness or whatever you may call it being released from their body, allowing them to float and fly around and observe things (though still "attached" via a spiritual silver cable of sorts).  Now, I'm pretty content to stay put inside myself, and imagine I would be ridiculously freaked out if I spontaneously launched outside myself - I'm not ready for that!  Ha, try to describe that to the doctor!  In any case, it makes for an interesting parallel to the internal tremor experience.  
Im only 18 years old im deployed in afghanistan right now and i have these same symptoms over here its hell to feel like my brain is going to rattle out of its skull i cant hold my weapon right every day please i need information before my military life is ruined
Hi: Does anyone get very cold when they have the internal shivers?   I feel like my bones are rattling and get very cold.  If it happens during the night I wake up feeling like my heart either stopped and started again or is racing to catch up to something. Just wish I had an answer as I usually get very tired if this happens during the day.
I am 26 and I am so thankful to have found this page proving I am not crazy. My husband keeps telling me it's all in my head and my Dr just says its anxiety. It started with a heart flutter about 10 mo ago and then about a month ago after getting a sever sinus infection I developed these internal trembles at night that would wake me up not to long after falling asleep, and now I have them through out the day. It is awful! They have already ran a bunch of test and found nothing. I just want to feel normal again. :(
im in same boat but my trembles are in chest and lower back area and dure in the daytime. docs av told me muscle strains!!! ive had alot of internal problems over last 8 months and still no posative answers or meds which have helped. im still awaitin the internal camera scan. that john bloke can you post your poss anwser on here please. ta
I read through every comment and I think I have something similar to most of you. When I try to sleep at night I start to have tremors. Sometimes I wake up with my heart racing and the pulse in my abdomen beating so hard I think they are going to rupture. When I try to lie back down the vibrating in my head is so severe I can't sleep and I feel like I am going out of my mind. Sometimes I lose memory and focus. It's like I am having mini strokes. I am tired and exhausted most of the time. When I have severe attacks I have no energy for weeks and the buzzing and vibrating in my head and upper body are so severe and so painful that I think I might die. I have lived with this for six years now. It started out with mild trembling and migraines and has progressed to me being mostly bed-ridden. Sometimes I start to get better and I start to get energy, but the slightest of stress can re-trigger all of the nightmare symptoms. It has gotten to the point where most days I dread the idea of sleeping, and some days I would like to put a bullet in my head.

I have had every test under the sun done.
I have been diagnosed with Lymes Disease, but I do not believe that Lymes Disease is the full culprit. The anti-biotics did help some though, so I do not rule that out completely.
I have been diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency. This definitely might play a huge role in my fatigue and such.
It is definitely a neurological and inflammatory problem, but I have no exact diagnosis other than severe nerve pain. (That was my doctor's way as describing the internal buzzing and vibrating that sometimes feels like my nerve endings are on fire.)
What helps the problem?
~As discussed by justforthis, I as well changed from tap water to spring water. (I have a sensitivity to heavy metals in my water and food). I drink lots of water. If I go one day without drinking the proper amount of water I suffer greatly for it. The pain is intolerable.
~I stopped eating all animal fat. I can't digest fatty foods but I don't know why. The pain at night is excruciating if I eat fat.
~I stopped eating all food with high fructose corn syrup and other such additives and preservatives. They were causing severe hormonal problems and messing with my hormones especially during my menstruation. I was having night terrors and panic attacks and I can control that mostly by what I eat.
~Unfortunately, my menstruation effects my symptoms greatly, and no matter how well I eat or exercise, everything goes haywire right around that time of the month.
~I eat mostly organic foods now. I do not notice much difference if I eat natural or organic, but all my symptoms come back immediately when I eat artificial foods.
~Exercise helps a lot, but it's hard to get motivated when you have no strength. I try to stay very busy and take my mind off of the health problems, because that is 99% of my stress. Other than that my life is pretty good.
~I ice myself. This has saved my life. When the vibrating gets so bad it hurts then pack yourself in ice for ten minutes at a time. The chiropractor told me to do this. Countless doctors and he was the only one to take one look at me and tell me that I was swollen and that it was probably affecting my nervous system. Sure enough, after several days of icing myself on and off the vibrating stopped. It really helps a lot when you are trying to sleep. I take an ice pack or a frozen pack of peas and wrap it in a paper towel and put it on my neck and my head and that really really helps. Eventually the swelling goes down and I'm vibration free until the next inflammation attack that might be brought on by food allergies or environmental allergies or some internal organ problem. Either way I am hanging in there and I hope this helps someone.

If anyone comes up with a diagnosis for their problem please let me know. My doctor is really stumped. I can't leave an e-mail address but you can contact me through my website at chelasisashowoff.com

~Chelas
I am 20 years old...and sometimes when I am sleeping I be forcing my self to wake up but my body wont let me....its always a struggle when that happens and it bothers me so much... and that occur sometimes often. Any idea why? And today it's different I feel week and as if my organs were vibrating.
Good-morning!! I have been experiencing inner tremors as well as inner head tremors. It started in my head and in the past 2 months has moved to my upper body , I feel it every night and have been very concerned about it. I also have been to the doctor , all my test have came back normal as far as the MRI, EKG etc. My doctor as well has ruled out Alzheimer,& Dementia, due to my age he says it sounds like the onset of it but because my test was all negative and i was only 40 that he didn't think that is what it is. However, I didn't know you had to be a certain age to be diagnosed with either do you? At least i'm hoping he is right. However , my husband can actually see when it happens and worries quite a bit so mine is noticeable . I hope its nothing serious. Just thought i'd share. Have a nice day.
Ok here's my story. I'm 50 year old male , prone to anxiety. About 4 years ago I noticed I had an internal trembling in the back of my head only when I woke up in the morning. It was also very noticeable in my ears. It always stopped when I got out of bed. This lasted several weeks and eventually disappeared. The same thing has happened 2 or 3 times since then.

4 months ago I had a nasty spell of pretty severe anxiety which lasted about 6 weeks. I started going to a gym every day which eventually helped to put a stop to it. But then about 2 months ago I started getting the morning shakes again. Only this time it's stronger and lasting for several hours after waking.  The vibrations are very audible to me and I also now have quite severe tinnitus on occasions. Attacks occur during the day too. I also have tingling in my calves and feet sometimes, even my face and other parts. I became aware that I am also trembling in my sleep because it became incorporated into one of my dreams. If I take a nap during the day, the tremors are present on waking.

At one point I was feeling extremely fatigued and with a general feeling of being unwell. However I discovered these 2 symptoms are most definitely anxiety driven as I was worrying about the tremors being ms or parkinsons. I managed to convince myself this is not the case and malaise/fatigue disappeared almost instantly.

My doctor told me it's probably a trapped nerve in my neck, I'm not convinced at all. I don't take meds, just 5 htp for anxiety.
I read through most of your comments a while back when I was very very sick. I finally got a diagnosis, and wanted to pass it along in case it helps someone else.

My story started when I went to the ER for vertigo. My health spiraled downhill rapidly from there. I had the internal and external tremors along with many many other things. I visited many doctors and always got the diagnosis of "anxiety." They actually knew me in the ER.

After all the tests came back negative I decided I had to live with it, but over the course of several weeks things improved. It turns out I'm severely allergic to benzodiazepines (ativan, valium, klonopin, etc). They administered valium during my first ER visit and gave me a prescription. I only took it a few times, but the other docs gave me prescriptions for other benzos. Each ER visit I was pumped full of Ativan. I never realized each of the drugs were from the same class. It caused an inflammation of my nervous system which took some time to subside. I also went through horrible withdrawal because these drugs are highly addictive. It took some time but I completely healed when I stopped adding drugs. I also reported the reaction to the FDA and they've had thousands of similar reports. I know this isn't the case for everyone, but it was for me. I hope it helps someone out there!
Oh my... I have very similar experiences.  I didn't know to describe them as tremors, but that is what it feels like.  Anyways, here is what I posted on another site.  I really hope someone can help me.  Please respond here, private message me, or anything... I need help.  Doctors couldn't find anything with an MRI, x-rays, etc.

Here:

I've been having this problem for over a year now. Let me know if you experience the same thing, or what this could be:

Almost every night (at least 4 or 5 nights per week) I get a strange feeling in my body as I am about to fall asleep. It is as if it emanates from my heart and spreads to the rest of the body. It's like a shaky-feeling, and it slowly builds up until it feels like the insides of my body (veins perhaps, bones perhaps) are expanding or "pressurizing" as I have dubbed it. If I don't move or "fight it off" it will just grow until it feels like I am getting an electrical fire injection into my veins. It's an extremely odd sensation, and I am not very good at describing it and don't expect any of you to even have a clue what I am talking about (I've never met anyone with a similar feeling). Almost like the feeling like pins and needles, but more on the inside of your body. I get a very acute sense of anxiety when this happens, and fear that I might die. It feels like my heart will stop beating, and I often find myself checking my pulse. The only way to really stop this is to get out of bed and stand up. In the past, I would feel fine standing up. But more and more, as time is going on, I feel more and more light-headed, as if less blood is going to my brain. Anyways, after getting up to stand for about 1 minute, I go back to bed, and usually fall asleep just fine.

This strange feeling seems to happen more often if I stay up late working on my computer (I am a music producer, writer, gamer). If I stay up to 1:30am on my computer, sitting at my desk, staring at the 24-inch screen, I am almost guaranteed to get it. If I do not use the computer all day, and have a more active day outside, then I usually do not experience that feeling, or only slightly. But most days I use my computer about one hour and on these days I'll still get that weird feeling. Another thing which has changed is about a year ago, I would hear a strange sound along with this pressure-building sensation. But now I do not hear that sound... dunno if it has anything to do with anything.

There have been differing variations of this odd feeling.

1)The falling experience:

Just the other day, I went hiking up a mountain with a buddy. We had dinner together, then I went home. I went to bed around 12:00am and when I was in bed I felt REALLY tired. But it felt like I had suddenly been dropped about 3 or 4 times and I would react violently throwing my limbs out like I was going to hit something. Basically every time I do a physical activity that leaves me quite tired, I will get these weird "falling" sensations before drifting off to sleep.

2) The electrical fire feeling:

Once or twice I've not "fought off" the building up strange sensation in my body. It has led to me almost feeling a hot electrical "fire"-like feeling in my arms. For two days after, my arms were sore, as if I had pulled a muscle or something (which I hadn't).

3) The pressure in the chest feeling:

If I lie on my back, it is worse. It feels like a pressure is building up in my heart, and it spreads out to my shoulders. It eventually becomes painful. Once, again, I did not fight it off. It left my shoulders in pain for about two days as well.

Other info about me:

I am a 29 year old male, regular BMI, 5'11 at 78kg. I usually go to bed around 12:30am or so and get up around 7:30am in the morning. I am in otherwise good mental & physical health except for this problem.

Although I was a smoker (quit in 2004) and also quit marijuana in 2004. I got extreme anxiety when I smoked marijuana, and that is why I stopped.

In 2010, I noticed my feet had strange red spots under the skin. They were, according to the doctor, blood vessels which ruptured. She asked if I had some trauma to my feet, and I said no. Nothing ever happened to my feet whatsoever. She was mystified, and had never seen this before, but as I was a "young 20 something" she said it wasn't a concern, just "monitor it." I've noticed the bright red dots have turned more to brownish splotches and it has never been painful. But it is weird, and I wonder if it is related to this problem as they appeared together around the same time.

Read more: Sleep Disorders Forum - Inner "Body Pressure" While Falling Asleep http://ehealthforum.com/health/inner-body-pressure-while-falling-asleep-t299299.html#ixzz1VpgdQryC
Hello Everybody,

i am 32 and i go to gym 2 years now. my symptoms started before 3 months about and they are the following: Only Internal shake/tremble which discontinue my sleep early at the morning (7 o clock). I usually sleep until 8 or 9 o clock.

I have noticed that when i am eating chocolate or other high energy products i produce that feeling.

It may or may not the following facts be the onset/s:
a) i may have herpes in genital organs
b) at june i started to go to a beach,  sun may produces it
c) In that beach (greece), i have touched some green plant that it may (or may not) produced severe redness in my right hand (palm and fingers).
d) my girlfriend stay in a house that i had the following sense: i get coughing many times in that house that resulted to take action: to clean it very well. I had also a very strong cought by her aroma that stopped now to use it.
e) in the same time i learned to drive motorbike (exposed to fuels' products? or plastic products?)

Now, the good news:

When i was in vacation, specifically, in nederlands and afterwords in a greek island in cyclades i had none of these smptoms!

In detail, I was eating less than 2000 kcals each day and i spend more than 4000 kcal each day (i lost 4-5 kilos in 2 weeks). I was eating fresh white bread, at the 2 o clock spaggeti with fresh tomatos onions etc. and at the evening a half sweet pancake (chocolat, banana and biscuit).

I was not driving motorbike, i was walking very much. my girlfriend did not pu on her any aroma. we were playing tennis in the beach 2-3 hours.
we were all day at the beach. However, neither in nederland had any of these symptoms!

So, my conclusion are: whatever this is it can be anxiety BUT a very good nutritius have a significant effect on that. Also, i will try to change or renew your house: paint it with water based paints, open your window, drive less walk more...

i will try these things...

sincererly,Elias

Hello friends, I have been experiencing some very similar feeling but one in particular is concerning me.  My husband has been telling me I jump a lot at night.  Every night several times throughout the night.  But last night before actually falling asleep, you know, that stage right before you actually fall asleep by not totally awake, i literally felt every nerve in by body shaking uncontrollably.  I was so scared work myself up.  I asked my husband if my jumping was actually jumping or shaking, he said "jumping".  The strong shaking feeling of all my nerves is very scary.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about :(
I was tested on Dr.Shoemakers website about a year ago and couldn't get local help after the results of the neurotoxins test VSC were positive. I had read Dr. Mark Hyman book, Ultra-Metabolism and found Dr. Shoemakers website. Dr Hyman is a functional medical doctor who has been through alot of health issue as a result of toxins. He knows what some of you are taking about with some of your symptoms in relationship to toxins. I did fine a local functional medical doctor in Feb. of this year. He did a FACT test which is like the VSC test, which also was positive. Through alot of research and testing by this functional medical doctor. I can now trace my health problems to the root. I had an overdose of B6 vitamins, which I thought that's what it was for almost10 years. But no doctor really took a look at it as I ask them. I was only told that it was a possibility. They don't do the additional testing that FMD does. The toxins from the B6 vitamins for me caused mitochondrial dysfunction. Mitocrhondrial dysfunction can be caused from toxins in our body. This was breaking down my nervous system further and causing all kinds of health issues. A reg. medical doctor knows about mitochondrial, but most of them believe with the breakdown, you just get more ill. I was given a mitochondrial renewal kit and have just started it this pass week. It is worth anyone who is interested to go to www.ultrawellness.com to see if you can find some answers. www.drhyman.com has encouraging stories to read about concerning unsually health issues. Also look up functional medical doctors and read what they are and what they believe. Look up what mitochondrial is and does in our bodies. I know that other medical professional beside doctors are researching and following functional medicine. I needed a functional medical doctor(MD) who had the ability to do the testing that he needed to do. He spent hours researching on my behalf. I pray you can find some help.
Have you ever been tested for mercury poisoning
Hi Again,
Getting the apple pip thing sorted apologies....apple pips contain cyanide not arsenic....all other info given on T.C.M is accurate.
Many Thanks
I am a 27 year old male, and bartleyk explained my symptoms to the letter!  I couldn't believe it.

I have had all of the standard tests, blood work, auto immune, lyme, glucose tolerance, STDs, CAT, MRI with and without contrast, parvo, you name it.  All normal.  They haven't done any heavy metal tests that I know of though.

I wonder if anyone has found a resolution to this?  The only thing that helps me sleep at night is two hours of hardcore exercise and something like benadryl.  It doesn't make these "tremors" go away, it just makes me so tired, I don't care anymore.
I know your posts were some time ago ... but I'm hoping to receive a reply from some of you.  My symptoms closely match fernangeyles.   While people have spoke of the tremor (I'm shaking as I write to you) no one had mentioned the creepy crawling sensation -- When I've mentioned both, all the doctors sit and stare at me. They are just picking my poor pockets and I leave no better than when I arrived.  I've also had some problems with repeated UTI's and a kidney stone, but don't think that has anything to do with this.  I do need some dental work and also have fibromyalgia.
I share this with you to see if these issues ring a bell with you.  
  Have you had any luck coming to a diagnosis or hopefully a solution?  Some times I fell the creepy crawling work like sensations on the bottom of my feet, top of my head and arms.  yecch .. hope you can help!
Hi my name is ***@**** and I am having d same thing.I be sleep then as I come to wake up I feel my body trembling like I have d inner jidders or d shakes.I have found out that I'm not a diabetic & I was skipping meals cuz of me dieting therefore I had low blood sugar.doctors told me to eat 5-6 small meals of food.It went away but returned because I have been sleepn all day missing meals because went to sleep late night due to insomia & pregnancy.so get your blood sugar tested then email me 2 let me know.
So nice to see others in the same boat. I have so many similarites to most of you. For me it began with mild dizziness and vertigo, inflmation in my chest, told it was anxiety, tired benzo - hooked at one week - horrible withdrawal which including the inner vibrations, heart racing, massive dizziness, anxiety and the list is long. Now I have never really recovered over two years later. I still have vibrations, can't nap duringthe day without horrible weak off kilter feelings when I wake, chest pains, anxiety, muscle soreness and wweakness, muscle cramps, exercise intolerance, chemical tolerance, rashes, magnesium and Vit. D chronicalylow despite supplements. Diagnosed with fiblrmyalgia but that's only to tell people because I dont' think anyone has diagnosed this.
I have had internal shaking for awhile now. I had some stressful events happen including a death in the family and I have a lot of demands on me every day. Doctors ran tests and finally concluded I had panic disorder. I went to a chiropractor that did blood testing and he said I had adrenal fatigue. My adrenaline pumps too much through my system. I have been on supplements and am doing natural stress remedies and cleaned up my diet including drinking green smoothies, veggies, etc. Much better now, but still not 100% but doctor said it will take some time to heal my adrenals. Hope this helps somebody.
This is amazing to me.  I experience the same exact thing and I've been to the doctor to try and figure out the cause.  I even carried around a heart monitor and got an EKG and blood sugar tested.

I've noticed mine happens more often when I'm waking from an unexpected nap, or the first few nights sleeping in a strange place.  Everyone thought I was making it up until I finally was able to get someone to feel it.  I grabbed her hand and put it on my chest.  She jumped up and said she thought I was bullshitting until now.

I've tried testing my pulse at the same time to see if they coincide, but it only seems to sometimes.  Sometimes I'm positive it's the same rhythm, and other times not at all.  Sometimes it shakes so bad the shaking of the bed is what wakes me up.  I just lay there and watch the bed shake while I am perfectly still.

My best guess is it's some kind of tremor inside my chest wall.  

On a side note, I also have shaky hands.  I went to a doctor for this and someone said they think it can be both possibly an injured nerve, or a certain condition where if you focus too much on something your brain does not maintain the stability of your other body parts as well, for instance, your hands.  This hand shaking makes it difficult to drink coffee because it shakes at the exact angle just before the cup reaches my mouth.  The shaking gets worse when I use my arms in exercise.
oh yeah, the jerk awake. i once woke up on my way back down after i had jerked up about 2 feet in my sleep. i woke up right before i came crashing down. nuts.  happens mostly when i'm stressed.

These symptoms you guys are all having sound like they are related to biotoxin illness, mold and or Lyme. The doctors that specialize in these illnesses are the only ones that can help. 25% of people are susceptible to this.
Hi needhelp123,
You mention you have fibromyalgia. What drugs are you on, or have you been on to treat this. The "creepy crawly" feeling you're describing, as well as insomnia are a side effect and withdrawal effect of the drugs you often take for fibro. Just something you might consider researching.
  I'm wondering if you ever found out what the problem is , I just started to experience the same [about twice in the last 2 weeks] i wake up at night i start feeling weird and then it feels like my brain is moving in my skull for a short time and goes away, very disturbing.  let me add i am on lupron for PC
Hey saw your post ~ I HAVE HAD THE SAME THING~FOR YEARS~ IT HAD GOTTEN SO BAD~ AND ONE NIGHT I HEARD IN MY HEAD RESEARCH "pineal gland"~ and to my ASTONISHMENT~ WE TRULY ARE UPGRADING OUR DNA and the vibrations are RISING QUICKLY, and some are sensitive to this. Watch "KYMATICA" on youtube. I WOULDN'T BELIEVE ME EITHER~ But I STARTED MEDITATING~ Have quit smoking, and quit eating meat, and am another man. ~WEIRD **** ~BUT THE TRUTH~ GOOD LUCK
AmberNicoley,

Do you still have your symptoms?
I haven't been on this site for awhile. I wanted to tell you thank you for posting the question about mercury poison. I know the root of my health issue is in overdose of B6. But I was tested also for heavy metals and I have serious lead poisoning. There is help to be able to eliminate this from our bodies. I have no idea how I got this much lead in me. It's worth testing for these metals that may be hurting us.
I am going to suggest its the body over producing adrenaline. Adrenal fatigue is very common and the adrenal glands can get out of whack, I am experiencing the same internal tremors at night and throughout the day and have ordered an adrenal supplement to see if I can get my chemicals balanced again with it along with a extremely health conscious diet change. My doctor told me it was anxiety but IM NOT ANXIOUS or STRESSED!! try a holistic or "alternative medicine" doctor. They seem to think adrenal fatigue is VERY REAL unlike regular MD's
I am a 46 year old female, I also suffer with night tremors that continually wake me. My doctor can't seem to find out what it is and I have taken so many test that I am extremely frustrated. If there is someone that has some idea what this might be I would love to hear from you.
Tremors are a common symptom of multiple sclerosis. Before I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS), I had several episodes of tremor in my hands that would come for a couple of weeks or so and then just disappear. During one of these episodes, I had just begun a job in a research laboratory which required me to transfer tiny amounts of liquid from one miniscule vial to another using a pipette. Every time I approached one of my little vials, my hand would start shaking uncontrollably, requiring me to use my other hand to steady the shaking hand to achieve a fairly low success rate in performing these precision tasks.
I went to see a physician, who told me that I had "intention tremor," and that I should consider taking beta-blockers if I wanted to continue to work in the lab. Oh, yeah - and that he couldn’t tell me what was causing it.

Then, about 10 days after it started, my tremor simply went away (and I spent the next year blissfully filling and emptying tiny vials without a problem). These days I might notice an occasional slight tremor when I am trying to use tweezers or thread a needle, but for the most part, it doesn’t interfere with anything I am trying to do. However, my husband and other people have noticed tremor in my head or hands that I am completely unaware of.
Just incase : Tremors are involuntary muscular contractions that result in a rythmic back-and-forth movement of a specific body part. While the hands are usually affected, tremor also can affect legs, the vocal cords, head and trunk.

It is estimated that up to 75 percent of people with MS experience tremor at some point. Usually tremor develops after people have had MS for at least five years. Tremor can occur as a relapse symptom and disappear on its own or after a course of corticosteroids, however, it is common for residual tremor to remain.

So if it does not hurt your daily routine work, theres nothing to worry about.
If it does interfere, just visit your doctors, and they can help you immediately..Trust me, just don't worry too much..
:)

Hi...I am ***@**** I  am 46  great health female  I too have had a series of test's at first they thought MS,nope they ruled hat out...but what I am trying to do is find kind holisticor/prescip to better the life I have... Any suggestions?  bh          
Did anyone ever figure this out? I have also.
My husband suffers from this and it has been happening to him for about 6 months now and we can not find a dr to help us or even give us any kind of information as to what may cause this problem. My husband also gets these shakes/tremors in his legs as well. Please someone guide me in the right direction. Thank u so kindly.
Tell me too...I am really suffering and don't what to do right now.
Just curious if you've looked into REM Behavioral Sleep Disorder.
Have you looked into REM Behavioral Sleep Disorder? Also are you on mirtazapine by chance? That is one of the things that can cause it but there are many other things that can cause REM sleep disorder. This might not be the answer to all of your problems but it could have a lot to do with the jerking and trouble sleeping.
Have you checked into REM behavorial sleep disorder for the problems you're having when you sleep or try to sleep?
Hi Everyone,

I once also had these symptoms of internal tremors and went from doc to doc trying to figure out what this is but unfortunatey there were no answers. I was really defeated by thoughts of hopelessness and despair . However i finally found the answer and solution to this problem and wish to share it with you.

Im from India and we ve traditionally had healing methods that I'd always rubbished. However this was my savior. Meditation & yoga are great remedies. Esp meditation as it soothes the brain and calms the nerves , the feeling is euphoric and yoga as well balances the body. This has restored my health and I  no longer have these sensations. It will take time but it will work in the end. And also this greatly helps anxiety for those who suffer from it!
I hope this is along the same lines. I have had tremors since i was a baby. Sleeping as well as awake. Mine are more visible though. There where and are time when my eyes will open and i'm still in REM, i believe, so the walls look like they are shaking and i can't move my body. Only sometimes will i have an internal tremor. when i was a baby They thought i was having seizures in my sleep.
My dad has the same tremor. His has gotten better over time with practice mine is still pretty bad. Let's just say eating soup is impossible without picking up the bowl. I cannot carry a glass to full of liquid or i will for sure spill.
My dad has had multiple tests done and the only test that came back abnormal was the angiogram. That told him the blood vessels in his brain are shaped differently. This makes him high risk for aneurysm.
the shake gets pretty monotonous, high stress situations make it worse. i have to say though if you are playing a video game and you want to hit the same button  multiple times fast it comes in handy.
  If i didn't know that mine was hereditary, i would start asking family, and close family friends if they remember anyone having similar symptoms in your gene pool.
   if you actually read all of it thank you for your time.  :-)
I had the same thing that happened to me.  I was sleep all of 10 minutes and woke up with my cell phone in my hand. Someone had texted me a minute before. My entire bed was shaking as if it was an earthquake.  I was trying to stop the bed from moving then went and placed my hand on the wall.  The wall was jerking as well.  I was terrified because I thought it was an earthquake but nothing in the house was shaking.  Then I realized it was me.  I was walking like it was a dream.  I checked my heart and it was beating rapidly, and I checked my breathing.  I was so terrified that I was going to call 911 and my mother (a nurse). I thought I had died and my house was hell.  I was so nervous because my body felt fine it was just shaking from the inside. Then after a minute or two it went away and I felt fine.  A little nervous that I would die in my sleep but I felt fine.  I came on this site and thank God read everyone's postings.  Here is my assessment of what could have happened.

1 -  I was anxiously waiting for a call so when the phone vibrated it shook me out of Sleep Phase 2&3 which caused my neurological system to be out of wack.

2 -  I take sleep pills nightly, and fell asleep before I could take them.  Perhaps this happens every night but because I take my pills I don't feel it.

3 - Yep, I have a sleep disorder and perhaps its getting worse.  

I don't know, but I don't think it will happen again.  I hope not!
Hi John,if by some miracle this reaches you, I am suffering from sleep disruption, strange tremors and sensations waking me up for three years.  You posted that you had news for someone who had posted the same symptoms.  Anything you would like to share would be greatly appreciated.
Desparate
I do believe that it's an issue with having extraordinary high levels of Triglyceride, i am 16, im in great physical shape but my cardio is ****. And i have had this issue the last two nights, i hope it is do too about 4 days of getting drunk and I took a power Aderol (adderall). You have to be extremely careful about mixing uppers and downers because it confuses your heart and depending on your genes can greatly increase your risk of cardiovascular diseases. By using google i figured out many of my symtoms (symptoms) where related to diabetus, the only thing that has helped me out so far is running to get my heart rate up along with drinking lots of water to sweat all the toxins out of my system Your body has a natural way to cure anything with the right mindset
Physiological symptoms of sleep paralysis are the same with those of syncope. Thus, sleep paralysis is caused by syncope. For experts in cardiovascular diseases, sleep paralysis or syncope is a common symptoms of cardiovascular disease【1】. For a long time, due to the ignorance of physiological knowledge of syncope , ischemie cerebrale , slow beat, fast beat and so on, psychological illusion in people’s sleep generated by such physical symptoms i.e. the nightmare really has puzzled the psychologists, therefore they put forward a wide range of wrong even absurd views on the nightmares, which both have no scientific basis, and could not be confirmed, even more were not self-consistent. For example, a medical expert Debacke drew the correct conclusion that the anxiety-dream resulted from ischemie cerebrale according to the physiological symptoms of the anxiety-dream of a boy of thirteen. Freud called such view was a " medical mythology" in the book of Dream Psychology. Most important,the experiment confirmed the idea. For example, a place in country , there is a "haunted" bed which makes people have sleep paralysis or syncope every night, and it is this fact that the pillow in the bed is too high will reduce cerebral blood flow.                                         【1】 http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Sleep-Disorders/Nocturnal-fainting/show/11612
Physiological symptoms of sleep paralysis are the same with those of syncope. Thus, sleep paralysis is caused by syncope. For experts in cardiovascular diseases, sleep paralysis or syncope is a common symptoms of cardiovascular disease【1】. For a long time, due to the ignorance of physiological knowledge of syncope , ischemie cerebrale ,palpitations and so on, psychological illusion in people’s sleep generated by such physical symptoms i.e. the nightmare really has puzzled the psychologists, therefore they put forward a wide range of wrong even absurd views on the nightmares, which both have no scientific basis, and could not be confirmed, even more were not self-consistent. For example, a medical expert Debacke drew the correct conclusion that the anxiety-dream resulted from ischemie cerebrale according to the physiological symptoms of the anxiety-dream of a boy of thirteen. Freud called such view was a " medical mythology" in the book of Dream Psychology. Most important,the experiment confirmed the idea. For example, a place in country , there is a "haunted" bed which makes people have sleep paralysis or syncope every night, and it is this fact that the pillow in the bed is too high will reduce cerebral blood flow.                                         【1】 http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Sleep-Disorders/Nocturnal-fainting/show/11612
I'm a 43 yr old female and I've had bad tinitas and inner body tremors for a year and a half. I went for a mri and all sorts of tests and nothing is found and im not over stressed. I get the shakes and cold inside when im trying to go to sleep and it messes up my heart rythmn also. I thought maybe my ears are causing this but there is not much you can do for tinitas. Ive also felt like I was gonna die in my sleep. Its Crazy and scary!!
I have had chills and inner trembling for over 3 months now.  Thought it was from this bad virus going around, but the chills and trembling wouldn't stop. Also, have nausea with it.  Lots of tests done, all normal as well.  There is one thing that doctors in the U.S. overlook for the most part and that is the possibility of parasites.  I felt that I had something in my body a year ago.  We travel out of town for months and have to eat in restaurants where the conditions are not sanitary even though they are upscale restaurants.

I would go to a doctor who believes in alternative medicine or naturopathy or even a doctor of osteopathy.  The standard stool tests they give you at a doctor's office do not generally work and are a waste of time. Parasite detection must be done on different days so the specimens have to be collected for several days at spaced intervals.  Go on line to find a lab that specializes in parasite testing.  It will cost you a lot more, but you will get a correct answer.  The Great Smokey Mountain Labs is one of the best, but there are others too.  You need to insist that your doctor use that lab or you need to find a doctor who will.

You traveled to Mexico and got bug bites.  That says it right there!  I was found to have 2 parasites which I am treating, but it is hell.  Parasites release a lot of bad toxins in the body as do viruses and bacteria. I got hit with the new super virus and then had parasites as well.  It feels like my legs and arms have polio and I have great muscle fatigue.  I'm nauseated every day and I have tremors or chills on and off and huge sweats. I am now being treated by a medical doctor who is also alternative and I hope that getting rid of the parasites is going to alleviate what hell I'm going through right now.  I cry for hours every day.  I can't take it anymore.
stay of topomax (topamax)....nasty stuff that drug
Hello - I am looking for an answer to the tremor problem. I have very similar tremors to what you described in some of the posts. At times it feels like my insides are shaking in my face and chest just as I begin to fall asleep. Sometimes I wake up and I am hold my face or chest. I no longer sleep well and hate going to sleep. I woke up many times holding my face with both hands.

Did anyone ever find a solution?

Thanks,

Ken
I also have these symptoms: internal vibration that wakes me up from a deep sleep, and more recently a persistent eye twitch.  I noticed they began within one week after I had a Tdap tetanus booster.  Curious if anyone else can link their symptoms to an immunization.
I've been having this for the past year or so, and it started out only happening occasionally when I'd wake up, but now it seems to be an almost constant thing. I've been trying to ignore it, thinking it'll go away on its own, but I'm thinking of going to the doctor or hospital very soon because it seems to just be getting worse. I've also noticed lately I have trouble standing sometimes, my balance is getting worse, and I get headaches often. I've also been getting dizzy spells (vertigo) off and on since I was 15 or so, and I had a few partial-onset seizures a couple years ago (which were undiagnosed and therefore untreated), so I'm starting to worry that there's really something wrong.
i know this is a old post but i to have the same problem and it is causing problems in my marriage as my husband thinks i am playing with myself and if i dont find out soon what it is i will be getting a divorce soon if anybody knows what it is please tell me
Hello Crystal,
I would be very very appreciative to know if anything you have done has cured you of the inner sleep tremors.  I too am positive to visual contrast testing, the only thing that is positve.  This tremor is ruining my life and the docs are clueless, at least the ones that I have seen.  They want to make it all mental.  It is not, tremors first, then after years of poor sleep and rude doctors, the anxiety.  It is all affecting my heart now.  Please any info, even if nothing worked, knowing what you have tried would help.  Many thanks and blessings.
D
I appreciate your 2 posts and maybe can offer some help to apply my experience with what I call wake-up tremor.
What caught my eye was your text:
However, as soon as my brain switched to 'fully-awake' mode, all signs of it would vanish.
I have been to neurologists, cardiologists, endocrinologists, ent, oncologists and have identified the cause of a seizure disorder which is also the cause of the wake-up tremor as sleep interference trains and planes random noise events from 1 to 30 a night. Sleep interference causes sleep deprivation, sleep awakenings, low quality sleep and non-regular circadian rhythms.
Have you been tested for hypoglycemia with the focus on food you mention?
I am not the person that usually posts on sites, but I hope that the information that I have will help find a possible cure..
I have been suffering with this same thing for about 6 Months.  It started with dizzy spells during the day, then I found myself waking up dizzy at night.  I thought it was an O2 issue and went to the doctor.  I did notice that during the visit to the ER my O2 kept dropping down to 90% at rest.  When moving around it went back to 98%.  This sparked several tests and several visits to the Dr and Hospitals.  I would have never known about this because no one else seems to care and says everyone’s oxygen is different.  
The tests that I have had that were all negative:
CT of lungs and brain
EKG ECG
Pulmonary testing
X-rays of abdomen and heart
Echo Cardiogram
Several types of blood tests
Thyroid, Sugars, and all the norms

I wore a halter monitor that showed that I have a small form of bradicardia that the cardiologist was not concerned about.

I basically exhausted the University of Chicago hospital.  They told me that we have tested you on everything we could think of, we cannot figure out why you are having these symptoms have a nice life...

A friend of mine turned me onto a homeopathic dr.
I have had these tests that have all come back poor..
Thyroid T3
Adrenal issues
Vitamin D
This DR feels that my vitamin D deficiency which is 32 is causing problems with my adrenal gland, in turn causing my thyroid to act up.  

I am on a vitamin D regiment, Gluten Free diet for a trial, and a pro-biotic pill.  I have been on this for two weeks and it seems my symptoms are getting easier.

I had been under tremendous amounts of stress just a few weeks before all of the symptoms started.  Stress adversely attacks your Adrenal functions.  If I read symptoms to adrenal issues most of them line up.  Especially the issues in the middle of the night.  If your problems are the same you probably are able to go right to sleep and problems start about 3-4 in the morning.  Then you are screwed for the rest of the night and fatigued the rest of the day..  

There is a lot of labs that you can get tests done off the internet.  Get the adrenal and vitamin D testing done.  If this lines up, maybe we are on to something..  I will repost if my symptoms continue to fade..
Very informative post. I have some questions about vitamin D.
Much appreciated if you would be able to answer.
Is the vitamin D of the D3 type?
What is the dosage or daily intake in international units?
Any special requirements?
Ohh my goodness..I felt like I was reading my own log of symptoms! this has been me for yrs!! I cant get anywhere with answers. I did however this summer been nausous and throwing up almost daily since beginning of the yr migraines have increased I no keep the rash on my neck and arms, this summer was bad on my face stiffness and adema in feet and face. and the list just keeps going on. but the inner shakes are scaring me. Im having them more and more especially if I get wakened up immediatly and in the mornings.  I have seen 3 rhumeys this yr alone and a new neurologists I see her again in nov..if anyone has any other direction to go please leave a comment! I am getn deperate!! I want answers!!! thx Di
Sorry for the slow responce..

I am currently taking 5000 iu of D3 with K2 two times a day so far for a month and a half.  You should be carefull with vitaman D as it has bad effects if you over do it.  I am going back to Dr next week and assume he will be testing me again to see where i am at.  

Over the last short while it seemed as if i was getting over all the symptoms.  My ears started ringing off an on lately, but i can definately live with that..  

I recently started having issues again over the last couple of days.  I had some major stressors happen in my life and thing that this set me back some.  

Personally I am thinking that my issue is definately an adrenal fatigue issue as a small amount of stress causes a huge impact to my healing.  adrenal fatigue is causing my thyroid to drag down causing my body to slow down too much while i sleep. Thus having wierd sensations that go away after waking up and screwing up my day causing more stress that impacts my adrenal gland again to take a hit and stopping restoration.

I learned a few things about the homiopathicdr i am seeing.  He is an intermediate dr which means that he is a true medical dr that practices both natural and medical sciences.  He is in Crystal Lake near Chicago..  I guess he is a rare find.  

The goal is to get my Vit D where it belongs, stop worying about things so my adrenal gland can work again and get my thyroid back to normal.  I may need a little thyroid boost in the mean time..

Not sure if we can post email address..  
dee,

did you ever find anything out from John or any luck on your own?  I have same as well..  Just curious..
I have had the same thing happening to me for years.  As I am falling asleep or after asleep I get tremors in my upper torso.  The only way I can explain it is like a cold chill, but way more intense.  The more I try to stiffen up and clinch my hands to stop it the more intense they get.  Many nights my husband will wake me up and tell me I am shaking the whole bed.  I have stayed up crying before out of frustration.  I did go to a endocrinologist thought maybe sugar problem but not.  I didn't know I had it til I got married at the age of 24.  But before that I worked 2 jobs and went to bed after midnight most nights then up at 6 exhausted.  
I then went to a neurologist who ran a bunch of tests with lights, hearing, etc. and it did bring them on in his office lying down.  He sent me to sleep clinic who seen them but that night they weren't that bad (of course). They put me on Clonazepam which I have taken on and off for years (now 40).  It is now getting worse to where I cannot sleep. I go to the couch so I don't wake up my husband but that's causing problems.  I have researched this for years with no solution.  I am exhausted, sometimes irritated from not enough sleep. Ambien works most of the time but knocks me out.  I just want answers, not just taking medicines.  I am going to try another neurologist to see if there is anything new or tests he can run that I haven't done yet.
Hi there,  Did you get diagnosed?  My son had the same symptoms a couple years ago.  They thought it was MS but it turned out he had HLH with CNS involvement. (HLH is very hard to dignose and not alot of dr know about it) All my son's blood work kept coming back normal with every test but he had all the symptoms you noted in your post.  I would push the dr's and push them until you are comfortable with your results.  Good luck and keep me posted.
HLH usually has fever related to it. Was this one of the symptoms your son had?
I bought a pulse ox recorder off of ebay for 100 bucks. I can see where my o2 drops to 92 % after 4 hours of sleep. It is consistent almost every night. My o2 is normal otherwise. The doctor says it is not related. My pulse also slows to low 50s while sleeping at about the same time. Sometimes hits 48 49. Doc says it is ok. I am 44 and 50 lbs overweight. I don't know why pulse is so low.  
I am losing faith the vitamin d level is related. I am in same if not worse condition. Tremors now moving to chest and arms and feeling jumpy in day on a bad night. I asked for referral to Mayo Clinic. I need to know so I can live right again. I never feel well and sometimes feel sick. Seems like there is no answer.  
If someone wants to borrow this pulse ox recorder I would like to share results. Email me ***@****
hi toby1101

My wife and I thank you for your posts on tremor.
We started taking vitamin d3 in November 2013 and in December 2013
found the following we take 2 times a day(4000 i.u. of d3 per day):

w w w.nutricology. c o m /Vitamin-D3-Complete-Daily-Balance-w-A-K2-60-Fish-Gelatin-Caps-p-16698.html

It seems to reduce the wake-up tremor we experience around sleep at night.
There are two things I recommend you consider:

1. Restful and restorative sleep at the same time every night. No sleep
interference. Sleep interference causes sleep deprivation, sleep awakenings, low quality sleep and non-regular circadian rhythms.

2. Reduce vitamin d3 intake. According to the following expert the sensitivity
to vitamin d3 varies much from person to person especially if a person is
exposed to sunlight. The expert uses negative health effects and not blood level
of vitamin d3 to determine  too much vitamin d3. The expert is sensitive to many things.

vitamin d:
ctheblog.cforyourself. c o m /2008/12/overdosing-on-vitamin-d-side-effects.html
ctheblog.cforyourself. c o m /2011/11/vitamin-d-more-observations-on-sunlight.html

vitamin a:
ctheblog.cforyourself. c o m /2011/03/overdosing-on-vitamin-side-effects.html
I have an appt at Mayo Clinic on Feb 14th. I hope they can finally come up with the answer. I will repost either way. Wish me luck.
I've had the internal trembling for years (along with a variety of other symptoms). Mine primarily occurred in the hypnogogic state (falling asleep, or upon waking), and I also got the jerking in my sleep. I'd been diagnosed with some neurological issues through the years, so I suspected this was also neurological, or rather a "sensitive system". One neurologist said it was anxiety. The other low seratonin and to take more D and magnesium. The breakthrough for me was after reading and following the book UltraMind Solution by Dr. Mark Hyman, which is functional medicine (a cross between Western medicine and Naturopathy).  I highly recommend reading this book, or possibly one of his other books if you're not having any emotional/mental issues as well. I no longer have the trembling, or the other symptoms I had - as long as I keep my nutrition good, get to sleep prior to 10PM, and take certain supplements. I suspect the supplements that helped the most for the trembling was OTC Gaba, as it erased a lot of other symptoms I had as well. In case it wasn't that, for the record, I'm also taking Ashwaghanda and 5-HTP, the former which helps with anxiety and adrenal fatigue, and the latter with low seratonin. Best wishes to you all in finding health and balance in your lives.
I wanted to add to my last post, after reading your post sjb183, that I had all of your symptoms and diagnosis as well, including epilepsy. I don't know the exact cause, only that I had to maintain better health. Everyone is different, and I'm not "cured", but I thoroughly believe the inner trembling and other weird symptoms and/or diagnosis are our bodies telling us we're out of balance somewhere in our lives. Sometimes just better diet/exercise/reduced stress/and making changes in our thinking can help, but we often we'll also need supplements or even pharmacology. Myself, I got off seizure and all other types of meds as they caused a host of problems in and of themselves, but alas I'm still taking supplements. I hope my systems will strengthen enough in the future to eliminate them as well.

toby1101  
Feb 23, 2014
I got home Friday from Mayo. My sleep study was a fail. I never had an episode so it was not recorded. They had extra sensors tied to my head to try to determine what areas the issues were developing from. This was discouraging as this was going to be a great help.
Here is what the doctor said.
#1 Indeterminate spells
#2 Obstructive sleep apnea
#3 Insomnia
I met back with Mr. Blankenship to discuss results of his polysomnography, which is summarized separately. The study was done for two reasons, first and chiefly to explore his unusual nocturnal spells of somatosensory symptoms, which on clinical grounds would be most consistent with a hypnagogic somatosensory phenomena. What is somewhat unusual for that diagnosis is the prolonged duration of many of the symptoms, which are also of a peculiar dysesthetic quality. In any evident, there is no evidence for an organic primary sleep disorder to provoke the symptoms. On practical grounds, it would be sensible to continue to offer him symptomatic therapy, and he has benefited from amitriptyline thus far, started by his primary physician. I discussed with the patient that further titration of amitriptyline could first be attempted under the supervision of his primary physician, and if that is ultimately ineffective or still producing suboptimal results, a therapeutic trial of gabapentin could be offered in the same fashion. Dose ranges for amitriptyline typically effective for relief for dysesthetic type symptoms would be broadly in the 10 to 100 mg nightly range. When he started too high at first, he encouraged some side effects, so titrating by 10 mg increments would be reasonable, probably every two to four weeks, with a goal dose in the broad 50 to 100 mg nightly range. The lowest effective dose should be used. If adverse effects, such as dry mouth, constipation, dizziness, or carryover sedation in the morning results, the dose should be lowered as appropriate to eliminate such effects. Gabapentin could be used in an analogous fashion, starting with doses between 100 and 300 mg at night, and titrating by 100 to 300 mg increments as needed and tolerated, to achieve doses in the 1200 to 1800 mg nightly range. If he benefits from this but needs higher doses, he could be switched from gabapentin to pregabalin (Lyrica), dosing between 50 mg and 300 mg q.h.s. as needed and tolerated, titrating by 25 to 50 mg increments every two to four weeks as needed. Similarly, prescription Zolpidem or eszopiclone (Lunesta) could also be offered if disturbance maintenance insomnia symptoms continue. A helpful approach instead would be to try behavioral measures for psychophysiologic insomnia, including avoidance of watching the clock, getting up out of bed and avoidance of lying sleepless in bed for more than 15 to 20 minute intervals, going out to the living room to pursue quiet, distracting activities, such as reading or television watching, and avoiding work or daytime type activities, such as computer work or work-related tasks. Cognitive behavioral therapy and relaxation therapy measures could also be applied.
The patient appears adequately treated at his current prescribed nasal CPAP pressure. He did well with adjustments of nasal CPAP in the range of 10 to 11 cm.
Last, unfortunately, no seizures or spells were recorded during the polysomnogram, so while their nature remains uncertain, the empirical approach outlined above could be helpful to the patient for symptom control. I reassured him there is no evidence for a primary sleep disorder, such as a parasomnia, or for nocturnal epilepsy, given the absence of interictal epileptiform discharges throughout the night. Obviously, the absence of such evidence does not absolutely preclude the possibility of nocturnal epilepsy, so if the patient's disturbing spells continue, he could be considered for referral to the Epilepsy Clinic and prolonged video EEG monitoring, or at very least should have a thorough neurological examination and consultation. However, I suspect this will be unnecessary with reassurance and the empirical approach outlined above.
We have not scheduled additional follow-up in the Sleep Clinic at this time. If additional advice is sought from a sleep medicine perspective, he could certainly be referred back to us.

toby1101  
Mar 11, 2014
My TSH is 2.5. My T3-T4 were at the low end.
I have an update on Mayo. My ferritan level was way high. I have iron overload. Diagnosis below. Reading about iron overload it may be my issue. I need to donate some blood to get iron levels down and see.
Iron overload messes with thyroid and adrenal glands. Also can cause issues with nerves. Hmm

HFE: C282Y: Homozygous. Two copies of the C282Y mutation. H63D: Not detected. This result confirms the diagnosis of or predisposition for hereditary hemochromatosis (HH).
RECOMMENDATIONS
Dr. DE GROEN (GI)
Start phlebotomies every week or every other week. Goal: iron sat <50; ferritin <50. Measure those after 8 and 16 phlebotomies. Before each phlebotomy measure Hb. If <11 skip a session. Once down, 4-6 maintenance per year. Close follow up with local providers recommended.
Amatriptyline is my savior. You only need 10 mg and it reduces the issue enough you can sleep. I think it is helping me get better as well.
check your thyroid, i have Hashimoto's hypothiroidism and it gives me those inner tremors that are very bad.
check your thyroid, i have Hashimoto's hypothiroidism and it gives me those inner tremors that are very bad
i'm a 61 female and have all the same issues you described. nothing ever shows on tests. i do have fibromyalga (fibromyalgia) and so far there isn't a doctor i've been to that has been able to tell me what this is.
I think i have finally found my answer. I have hemochromatosis. My ferritin level is over 1000. This attacks internal organs especially thyroid and adrenal. My hematologist claims it can cause my tremor issue.   I have to give blood until my iron gets to normal range. It is genetic disorder. 1 million people have it. Just have to give blood now and again. Hope this is it!  Another person on another site also found the same. Will know in about a month i suppose.