Neurology Community
Neurological Problems
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Neurological Problems

Since two years ago I have constant tinnitus and twitching all over my body, and photophobia. For my photophobia I can say that I get very dizzy under sunlight or environments which has florescent lights such as stores. I can say that I feel more pressure in my head and ears and hear more ringing in my both ears under sun light, and my heart rate increasing horribly.  Since May I noticed weakness like on right side of my face specially around my right eye and right side of upper lip and also for 3 or 4 times my lip got swollen. I visited by neurologist in June 2014, and I did these tests listed below:

MRI BRAIN IAC/CPA WWO CONTRAST
VESTIBULAR BATTERY TEST
VITAMIN B12 BLOOD
BASIC METABOLIC PNL
LYME AB PANEL WBLOT
FTA-ABS, IGM BLD
SED RATE
CBC + AUTO DIFF
STAFF REVIEW FOR CBC

All results came bacl normal. Because I was worry about neuorosyphilis regarding my fear about syphilis she ordered that test for me. Because all my symptoms show me that it may be neaurosyphilis. all my symptoms started around 2 years ago after sore throat like feeling which gone away by itself and I had swollen glans (glands) around my neck under arms and legs for about a week and unfortunately I did not go visit a doctor on that time.

So I am worry about my condition. Specially I still think that I have neurosyphilis. Is it still possible that results after one RPR and FTA-ABS blood tests become false negative?, Should I go for VDRL test? I can assume that I may got infected around 4 years ago. Or I have another health issue?

I appreciate if someone help me with this. I really need help

Regards,
Cyberia
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
In addition I should say that I am male, 31. I also I got sensitivity to loud noises. I checked a lot of resources and it seems all of my symptoms are similar to neurosyphilis symptoms.
Blank
Cyberia, Were you able to read the results of your MRI?
I've found that neurological symptoms can be tricky sometimes. For example, many conditions can cause similar symptoms. It makes diagnosis a challenge and ruling out other conditions essential.
Blank
7721494_tn?1415940873
Men who have unprotected sex with men are most likely to contract syphilis in this day and age, however, this syphilis is only one possibility. Migrane (migraine) headache is another, as well as fibromyalgia, and neurological disorders.

Please let your doctors do their differential diagnosis -- don't jump to conclusions. Often fear of the unknown exacerbates these symptoms.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
748543_tn?1371753642
Blank
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...