Neurology Community
Neurological disorder or no?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Neurological disorder or no?

I get dizzy spells all the time, and my visions blurs. Usually if I stand still and close my eyes for a couple minutes it goes away, but the other day I was standing in the kitchen making food and it didn't go away. I put my head down for a second to try and clear it and the second I got up my body started to shake uncontrollably. My vision blurred and the next thing I know I was on the floor. I could hear everything going on around me though I couldn't see anything. When I got up my mom helped me to the couch and I started to sweat profusely. My mom and grandma thought that it might be a neurological disorder, but I'm don't like doctors or hospitals so I'm scared to go there. Do you have any idea what might be wrong with me?
It also sounds to me like it is neurological. What you described sounds like you had a seizure. I have had plenty of them and some of them are like what you described. I would go see a neurologist and tell him or her all of the symptoms that you have been having and see about getting a EEG done. That might be able to tell if you are having seizures or not. Don't put it off, the faster you can get in to see one the better.