Neurology Community
Neurological pill

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Neurological pill

Hi all,

I had taken neurological pill for about 10 to 11 years because i cannot sleep after i got accident. Can anyone tell me if there is implication for taking this kind of pill for about 10 years like this?

Very appreciate if you can share.

You can certainly ask the doctor who is prescribing it how come you are still taking it, what kind of "taper" schedule could you try (some pills you cannot just go off or else, in some instances for example, you could wind up with seizures), and just basically get to the bottom of what's up with this pill.  Sometimes docs will give an SSRI antidepressant for a variety of reasons, particularly if the accident was rather traumatic, or sometimes if you had a bad concussion, could be docs will give a anti-psychosis type of pill, or could be he simply gave you a sleeping-type pill like a tranquilizer.  In all of those cases, you cannot just go off them, in case you were thinking about it.  You really do have to inquire as to whether or not you have "permission" to get off it or whatever it is you're interested in doing.  But I sure would ask the prescribing doc everything you want to know about it, especially since it's been SO many years ago since your accident.