Neurology Community
Neurological problems

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Neurological problems

I have had fibromyalgia for 17 years and never before had the kind of neurological symptoms experiencing now.
History leading up to problems: was diagnosed with some bulging discs in lumbar spine, but not severe enough to push on spinal chord.  Experienced numbness and pain in legs.  After 6 months of treatment by a chiropracter to restore lumbar curve.  (Exrays show an 18mm change in lumbar curve) which included many special exercises everyday, I have developed following symptoms:  more extreme numbness in lower legs, arms, which changes with severity, drawing up of muscles in legs and arms.  Muscle in right had draws up like claw sometimes, charlie horses in toes sometimes,  incontinence,  temporary memory loss more severe than ever, brain fog that comes and goes more severe than before.  
Does this sound like it could all be fibromyalgia, or should I be concerned about something else?  Thanks for your help!

This discussion is related to Neurological Symptoms w/Fibromyalgia.
I would see a neurologist.  That sounds like more than fibromyalgia to me.
I am so happy that you wrote what you did! I was dx with fibro in 1985. I suffered three head injuries, two of which were concussions. After the second head injury, I started with stiffening episodes. I was a school teacher. As I would hand out papers my arm would get in a position that set off stiffening of my right arm muscles ending in a claw hand. The muscles would burn and hurt like crazy. The papers would fall to the floor. I went from doctor to doctor but no dx/ No doctor recognized it, was sure it wasn't fibro. Another head injury followed and the stiffening spread to most of my body usually leaving the left arm free of attack.
As it wasn't recognized by specialists in Boston, Greenwich, and NYC they all declared it must be a somatization disorder. Yes, I've been treated like less than a human, made fun of, yelled at, told to see a psychiatrist (which I do and feel it makes me healthier than the doctors accusing me of needing one!) and yet, because I do have proof of small fiber neuropathy through two skin biopsies as well as autonomic neuropathy through heart problems, body temperature irregularities, etc.they find it hard to prove or treat.

Sure would like to hear more about what happens to get you a claw hand. You are the first person who I've had contact with about this so I am super excited to hear more.

I do not take meds for fibro - I did try lyrica - put on 20 lbs and finally developed laryngeal edema and had to stop it cold turkey. I did try neurontin years ago but the lbs went on as I had unsatiable hunger. I stopped that. I have myoclonic jerks which are controlled by klonopin. I take lunesta for my insomnia which is from the fibro so I guess I do take something for fibro! Basically I don't do well with pharmaceuticals. I do take a bunch of supplements that have helped.