Neurology Community
Neurology problems...constant tingling in toes and feet

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have been having issues for about 3.5 years now, 1 month after I had a C-Section/tubal ligation which had complications. At first it was just a little tingling in the toes that was annoying. But it went away after a few days. It came and went a few times throughout the year. But after a little over a year, it started again. Except this time it progressed to my feet, then up the legs and even to the vaginal area. Everything felt so weird and a little numb. I was so freaked out that I went to not one, but three ERs. The first one said it was probably just my sciatica acting up and it looked like I might have a minor case of scoliosis and prescribed me a steroid. After a couple of days it felt like it was getting worse. I couldn't stand anything touching my feet. Even a simple sheet at night felt like electric currents shooting my feet every time they touched. So I went to a different ER. They did an MRI but couldn't find anything. So I went to a different ER and the Dr I saw said it sounded like peripheral neuropathy and recommended that I see a neurologist. Unfortunately due to no insurance, I was unable to afford going. So I lived with this for about 2 months when it finally went away...for the most part. The tingling/numbness is still in my toes and feet. I can't tell the difference between different textures like carpet and tile. And when I try to run, it feels like electric currents are shooting up my legs. It lasts for a few minutes after I stop. Walking long distances isn't as bad, but it does bother my feet and legs. I finally got on insurance several months ago and was referred to a neurologist. He put me on Gabupentin 300mg (1-2 pills) to take at bedtime to help me sleep because I have been experiencing extreme discomfort at night when my hands constantly fall asleep and it wakes me up several times in the night. He did an MRI of my lumbar spine, which came back fine. My blood work came back fine. He wanted b to do an MRI of my neck, but I'll admit that I never went and I never went back to that Dr. After he told me he was beginning to think it was all in my head and that if the next MRI came back fine it would confirm it. Not to mention, he told me during my first visit that he was only going to look for things he could treat. So that was strike one. Telling me it was probably all in my head...I judiciously go back. I felt he was incompetent. I should have gone to my Dr to let her know I wanted a new neurologist and why, but before I had the chance I lost my insurance (Medicaid) so I haven't been back. And I still have no clue what is wrong with me. Nor has the feeling gone away or even lessened. Does anyone have any experience with these feelings? I am a bit worried it could be the cause of something serious. Not to mention I would love to feel normal again.
I should also add that I have had problems with my neck at times. Sometimes I have a shooting pain in my neck that paralyzes me for a moment to where I can't turn my neck to either side. I have to be completely still until it goes away. It doesn't happen often, and I have no idea if it is even related but I don't know. I also have a pain in my tailbone area if I sit for more than 10 minutes. I have to constantly reposition myself because of the pain. Again, I'm not sure if it is related but you never know.