Aa
A
A
Close
Neuropathy & MRI
I had an MRI of the brain without contrast 3/09 showing 4.0 mm mildy hyperintense focus on the FLAIR sequence. I have neuropathy in both arms and legs and pain in bilateral arm pain.  My neurologist presciped Neurontin, should I explore the idea of MS based on the MRI?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1093617 tn?1279305602
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to placing your findings in context with clinical features and the results of other investigation such as hematological, MRI, I can not offer the specific advice & treatment you need. However, I will try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

Multiple sclerosis is a demyelinating disease and symptoms could be loss of muscle coordination & strength, normal sensation and vision.  In neuropathy, common symptoms could be pain, numbness and tingling in extremities or in affected area. Therefore, I would recommend consulting a neurologist here who will clinically examine you and review your reports in order to reach at probable diagnosis here. Hope this helps.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources