Neurology Community
Neuropathy causes, amyloidosis?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Neuropathy causes, amyloidosis?

I am a 23 yr old female who was diagnosed with Peripheral Neuropathy, along with almost all of those symptoms i was told i have an unusual large amount of protein in my urine, enlarged spleen and liver (told by doctor), hypoglyemia, anemia, constipation and diareha, shortness of breath, naseua and vomiting every day, reynolds phenunomia....my neurologist said that my neuropathy is caused by an underlying illness and its going to take awhile to figure it out because whatever i have is not something that is just showing up on blood tests or anything. Its going to take a more extensive approach. As I was doing some research to add to my Neuropathy Awareness website that i made i came across causes of neuropathy. I was looking down the list of causes and most of them there is no way i could have them (alcohol, toxins, autoimmune, i was tested already, ..etc) I found hereditary. I did some more research and found amyloidosis and realized i have a ton of the symptoms...it really fits me. The proteins in my urine all the time, the peripheral neuropathy, shortness of breath. It triggers the gastro tract, the liver and spleen, all of what i have..im not trying to diagnose myself by all means...but it is kind of ...crazy....i do realize though that amyloidosis you get the purple patches on your tongue, your eyes and those skin lesions. My question is...do you always get them with amyloidosis, i also know it triggers people old than me and apparently men. But so far i have broken out of the mold by having random neuropathy at the age of 23 with no obvious cause such as alcohol or the B12 deficency or such...Im going back to my neuro soon and i will be asking him but i thought id give it a shot here first.
Thank You
so can you have amyloidosis without the swelling tongue or skin lesions?
Avatar n tn
Did you get any answers?