Neurology Community
New recurring pain above left eye

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

New recurring pain above left eye

I normally don't get headaches, but for the past week I've had minor recurring pain above my left eye mostly associated with motion.  Do I need to see a doctor abot this?
Everybody gets minor headaches from time to time.  How old are you and what kind of motion aggravates the pain?  Is it worse when you bend over or lower your head?  Do you have nasal allergies?  Is the headache preventing you from doing things you want to do?  Does the headache wake you up at night?  Is it relieved (even though it may come back) if you take something like tylenol or advil?

These questions will help clarify what kind of headache you're having.

Quix
If it persists another week or worsens have it checked.  Is it worse when you bend over.  Does it hurt when you tap on the spot?  It may be a frontal sinus headache (any history of nasal allergies?)  I asked your age because children do not have developed frontal sinuses until they are well into their teens and sometimes we get young teens posting here.

Rule of Thumb: All new, severe or old headaches that are usually persistent or more painful should be checked out.

Best wishes, Quix
Thanks. I'm 56 and otherwise healthy.  Moderate pain comes and goes with movement, particularly turning over in bed. No major allergies but I do use Nasonex to help breathing at night. So far, condition is not affected by pain medication and does not wake me up or affect performance.  I was only concerned because I've never had this before and it seems localized to just above my left eye.
I have a constant pain above my left eye that gets unbearable when I bend over.Its towards the middle of my face, basically over the left eyebrow but does spread to the whole left side of my face, sometimes so much that when I open my mouth its really hurts and hurts to chew. I am 18 and otherwise perfectly healthy.
this is muscular.  I have a chiropractor and physiotherapist sitting next me and they both agree - it's completely muscular.  You need to see a sports massage therapist ASAP and have them work your neck/base of skull cause that's where this is coming from.  Drugs will only mask the pain, not fix the problem.

Good Luck, let me know
Rachel
http://www.round-earth.com/HeadPainIntro.html  READ THIS Daisypie1
i am writing about my nan she is 82 and has been getting recurring pain above her left eye its not really a headache more a stabbing pain she had a stroke in may could it be something to do with this, this pain is getting gradually worse and she has been in hospital because of it what should i do we have been told there is nothing they can do and have given her pain killers which have little or no effect
I have pain over and behind my left eye, and it extends over my head.I feel it like a line ( probably a nerve) that goes from my eye through my head.I had it twice in a week, but it is very brief ( a couple of minutes).
What is it?
Am 88-year old male. Lots of headaches until age 48 when I underwent a spinal fusion of three lower lumbar vertebrae. Diagnosis Spondelolystesis. Have not had a single headache since.

This over left eye pain started 3 hours ago, intermittent, then settled into a permanent state. I do have a nasal drip, possibly caused by a sinus
condition. This headache feels as if caused by fluid, filtered in from my sinus.

I have undergone 21 surgeries in my career and will have my right knee replaced shortly, also my torn right rotator cuff plus repairing a tendon torn loose from the bone in the shoulder. Am undergoing treatment and surgery for Squamous Cell Carcinomas. Fell off my bicycle ten times in 2009, no helmet, hit my head on the pavement every time, suffered a number of concussions. My short-term memory was temporarily affected, my long-term memory woke up, I remembered the texts of foreign language songs from 80 years ago -I grew up in Holland- and suddenly am able to memorize poetry. The concussions may be a triggering factor in this left-eye disturbance.
Any suggestions? Over-the-counter medications?
Thank you,
(Mr) Abbie Lipschutz
Houston, Texas

My spouse considers me clinically happy
My husband has a pain over the left eye when he wakes up in the a.m. It goes away in a few minutes once he gets up. He has had this headache off and on since the third grade. He is now 70. If he turns his head a certain way or puts a hand under his head, it might go away.
last Tuesday I woke up with a stiff neck,  I was unable to touch my ear to my shoulder on the left side but could with pain get my right ear to shoulder. On Wednesday I woke up with frontal sinus pressure and still had the stiff neck. This was the same for Thursday and Friday, Saturday it got much worse had to take a pain killer this numbed it. Sunday the neck is still a little stiff but the face pain around my left eye was far worse than before I took a pain killer waited about an hour it didn't seem to be helping so I turned to spirits, this numbed the pain. feel like my face is swollen on the left side. my wife doesn't see any swelling. 33/m no previous allergies or sinus problems. Please help
I am 40 years old and for the last two years have had such bad headaches over the left and right eye and eyebrow
Catscans and mri's have been ok
Pain pills work for a little but the pain is so bad I have to take off of work
and my eyebrows hurt to the touch
My husband has had two open heart surgeries. He is 47 years old. His aorta valve was replaced, the second time they gave him a metal st. judes valve, now he is on coumadin. He has been having severe stabbing pains in his head. He literaly said he can feel something move across his head. Sometime the pain is like someone is stabbing in the deep part of the ear. He had an MRI and it shows nothing. I am really scared as the dr. says be thinkful your heart is beating. I am really worried please someone help?!
I have just started getting the sharp pressure pain above my left eyebrow, it's not unbearable and it doesn't keep me up it happens every now and then but not major praise God. But I have never gotten it more then a few days so its just annoying me. Any advice?
I have left pain in my left eye worsen when I have constant movement with my eye than produces a unbearable headache. I have MS(multiple Sclerosis) Dx 2005 am 29 years old. Is it related to MS or something else.??
I am a 26 year old female and have been suffering constantly with a painful headache and pressure over my left side if the face including around my eye, top nasal passage and neck. I have been in a lot of pain for almost two weeks now. I have finished a course of metronizadol and co- amoxiclav as well as numerous pain relief. Could this pain and headaches be caused by anything dental? Many years ago I had a rooy canal where a piece of file was left inside my tooth. I was told of this about a year ago where the dentist warned it could one day flair up. I don't know whether this could be but want to rule it out before I go any further with head scans etc.

Please can anyone help?
My mother has suffered a stroke 5 weeks ago. She's recovering well, but in the last week is getting intermittent pain over her left eye  and now a small bruise has appeared over her left eyelid.  We're not sure if this is related to her stroke or if this is unrelated (possibly a stiff neck).
Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Cheers.
Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Cheers.
hi im jayde i have had a constant headache now for just over 2 weeks no pain killers relieve it nor does anything else, its just above my left eye and is worse first thing in a morning, throughout the day i cannot tolerate noise and my left side of my face becomes sensative to touch also i have a lack of concentration and i get forgetful too, could you help me identify what this is and how i can stop it.
Thank you
Jayde