NewBorn with tremors
Hi....my baby is only 8 days old and as early as 3 days she got tremors in her hands and a bit in her feet. When I held her hands down, her upper body began to shake...I was so scared! I took her to see her Dr. and he didn't seem to take me very seriously...he told me not to worry but if she did it again to call him.....well, she's done it again and has an appointment the day after tomorrow. It only happens when she is sound asleep and it is only in her hands and sometimes feet. But the strange thing about all of this is that when I was pregnant I actually felt her "twitching" inside of me a few times...I even told my husband that it felt like the baby was having a seizure; when I shared this with my mid-wife she brushed it off as "normal"....I fear the worse. Aside the tremors that my baby has been getting, she seems normal and healthy. She has had no fever, eyes and head don't show any movement when she gets the tremors. I'm really worried that it could develop into something serious....can anyone relate??? Please help...
The causes of seizures in newborns are – Congenital abnormalities , Electrolyte imbalance , Cerebral haemorrhage resulting from injury during birth . Please consult a neurologist immediately for the investigations , diagnosis and treatment . Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !