Normal CSF pressure
I was diagnosed with PTC in September of 2007.  My CSF pressure was 423 at my first lumbar puncture. A week later it was back up to 600, the very next day I was rushed into surgery to have an LP shunt placed to control the pressure. The pressure then, was 560.  My shunt is set at 150.  My headaches are mostly gone, but my eyes are damaged. My vision is 20/2300.  My question is this,  Is my CSF pressure too high?  I've heard that "normal pressure" is between 7-14.  Why would my neurosurgon set mine so high?

How are you?
Normal CSF pressure in the lower back is between 80-200 mm water.
Normal Intracranial pressure however is between 8-18 mmHg.
The surgeon has kept your CSF pressure in the lower back at 150, which is in the normal range.
Hope this answers your question.

I have had a persistent headache for 12 weeks and have been admitted to hospital for investigations. i had a ct scan which was clear and a lumber puncture. the csf pressure was 27... does anybody know if this is normal? they are starting to think i have benign intercranial hypertension.

thankyou
Hi just read ur comment I had an LP yest and my pressure was also 27. it was my 3rd LP my 1st was 38 and they diagnosed me with idiopactic inyercranial hypertension then 4 days later had a second and it was 23 then yesterday 27. Over 15-16 is considered high. It could be a one off if you experience server headaches and have blurred vision like me you could have the condition. I see the eye unit and a neurologist every 3 months. If you are still worried see your GP and if you have any blurred vision go down your emergency eye unit at your local hospital because they will run tests.

I hope this helps good luck.

Nicky.