Neurology Community
Nose and mouth pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Nose and mouth pain

I originally posted this question in the dental section, but people are telling me that is cannot be from the dental injection. I am posting it here in hopes of getting some insight as to what is going on.

About 2 1/2 months ago I had crown prep work done and a filling on 2 lower right molars. The following day I noticed that my numbness was only about 80% gone. Although it seems there is still some slight numbness, I have other problems that bother me more. All of these problems started after this dental procedure.

1)My lips constantly feel like they are burning as they would hurt when they are severely chapped, which they are not.
2)My upper lip area between mouth and nose is somewhat numb.
3)The inside tip of my nose also burns constantly in pain as it would burn if you have a severe cold and are constantly blowing your nose with scrathy tissues (which I am not and have not had a cold).
4)My tongue feels strange. At first it felt as if I burned it with a hot drink and it's also extremely sensitive to anything that's mildly spicy. It still feels that way, but now I also have a constant bitter taste and pasty feeling on my tongue. I have a strange sensation just breathing.

I spoke to the dentist because I thought it was perhaps nerve damage from the injection. He does not think that is possible. He said something about a block that would not make sense for any damage to be caused on the left side or the lips or nose.

Can someone please help me figure this out? I don't know where to go from here and this is not something I want to live with for the rest of my life. If it is indeed nerve damage, I've read that steriod medicine can help if done soon enough. Is it too late for that? Should I go to my regular doctor? I am a 41 year old female.