Neurology Community
Nosebleeds???? HELP PLEASE

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Nosebleeds???? HELP PLEASE

Im 25 weeks pregnant and at one point about 4 weeks ago, I was very stressed and was having bad anxiety that I got sick o my stomache and puked. Well While I was getting sick I was vomitting so violently that I had a nosebleed, and now the nosebleeds wont go away. There isnt a day or a time when my nose doesnt have bloody boogers. And when it gushes it only lasts about a minute or so, but it really gushes to where it looks like someone murdered an animal. Why am I having these nosbleeds? I am very worried that I might have broke something in my head while vomitting considering its been 4 weeks and they havent stopped.

PLEASE HELP ME!

p.s. I do not do drugs so thats not the answer,
you need to go to a doctor and find out what is going on. Especially since you are pregnant. It most likely isn't anything serious, but if you are losing much blood that isn't good once again, especially since you are pregnant
Nosebleeds during pregnancy are very normal. I am a registered nurse and someone who had constant nosebleeds during pregnancy. When you are pregnant, your blood volume rises. Meaning, you have more blood now than you did before. The capillaries in your nose are fragile. Some more fragile than others. This extra pressure on those tiny blood vessels can cause them to rupture easily. I had frequent nosebleeds as a child too. If you had these, then you're more likely to get nosebleeds while you are pregnant. I know I woke up swallowing gobbs of blood that were running down the back of my throat. The clots were the best too. About 30 minutes after a good nosebleed, A huge oyster sized clot would dislodge from way back in there and go down the back of my throat. I had to swallow 4 or 5 times just to get those suckers down. You should get your blood pressure checked too though. High blood pressure can also put pressure on those nose capillaries. Take my advice, don't get your teeth cleaned until after you deliver, unless you want a mouth full of clots afterwards. Those little gum capillaries bleed like a son of a gun too. The capillary that you busted while throwing up may not be able to shrink down because of the pressure from your extra blood volume, so if that side is the one that gives you the most trouble, that's why. The nosebleeds will go away after the baby is born. Yeah, I always wondered if people thought I was doing cocaine, too. I wasn't either.
I suffered from nosebleeds for over 13yrs, on a weekly basis, when it wouldn't stop they checked my blood to see if it was clotting and it was fine. its due to higher blood pressure, stress, and i had a burst vessel...which sounds like what you've got if u was heaving heavily. it was nothing to worry about and they eventually stopped. i would get it checked out tho. i was told by the hospital that unless it continues to bleed for over 45mins, then go to the hospital, it'd reduce that time a bit as ur pregnant. congrats by the way, hope it works out ok.
oh, another thing. don't ip your head back when it bleeds. that's what some people say to do but it's not right. lean forward so the blood won't run down the back of your throat. apply cool compresses to the bridge of your nose and apply pressure as high up as you can. if too much blood runs down the back of your throat, it can make you vomit.