Neurology Expert Forum
Not Sure?...

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Not Sure?...

Sometimes my head feels strange, i get weird sensations, and its like i am 'aware' of certain areas in my head, the area tends to change, it is normally either in the scalp right on top of my head, in the scalp at the back of my head or sometimes it even feels like kinda of air or pressure trapped right at the back of my brain almost. what is really weird (and this might make me sound totally crazy but its really difficult feeling to explain!!) it feels like it is connected somehow to saliva/mucus in the throat/mouth and strange sensations in the back of the mouth, and roof of the mouth. I'm 23, and a male.
  • head shocks (1 replies):
    i all ways get shocks in my head when i move my eyes t...[more]
  • burning and pressure in head (1 replies):
    Hi - I need advise. I have been having this weird bu...[more]
  • EMG (1 replies):
    I suddenly discovered wastage of my left calf muscle abo...[more]
  • Not Sure?...
    Sometimes my head feels strange, i get weird sensations,...[more]
  • ALS (1 replies):
    My husband was diagnosed with ALS in April 2010. Some pe...[more]
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with your doctor.

Without the ability to examine you and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of your symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

Your symptoms sound unusual, and I am not sure what to make of them. Sometimes, it is difficult to describe sensations in the head area. That fullness feeling you get could potentially be a tension-type headache; it depends on its exact location, how long it lasts, the nature of the headache, etc. In some headaches, nasal congestion can occur, and rarely (less often than people commonly believe) sinus problems can lead to excessive mucous as well as headache. It is difficult for me to give more specific information given the description above, but it would be a good idea to see a general practioner (family physician or internist) and discuss your symptoms with him/her. After he she obtains a history and examines you, further testing or referral to a neurologist or ENT specialist could potentially be done.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.