Numb Tongue
I woke up this morning with a numb tongue...felt just like after you have oral surgery (but I have not been to a dentist in 6 months).  This also happened one afternoon in Sept 2006 after I woke up from a nap, after being violently sick with stomach cramps and nausea. In November through a colonscopy Mayo determined I had ischemic colitis which was the cause of the stomach cramps and nausea in September.  But they said a "numb tongue" was not associated with ischemic colitis, and didn't know what would have caused it.

But it happened again this morning.

Further history which may or may not be related: i have hives, every single day, unless I take Zyrtec which normally eliminatse the itching, if not the hives themselves.  Last Friday afternoon I developed a sore throat which only last 8-10 hours, but I took cepacol.  During the episode of sore throat, the hives got very bad even though I had taken a Zyrtec that morning, so I took a 2nd Zyrtec (first time I have ever taken two).  The 2nd zyrtec helped the symptoms, but i was still showed some hives neck to knees with mild itching.

I do not live near Mayo. The November diagnoses occurred because i was with my husband who was having a yearly checkup after some surgery.  I got violently sick, was taken to St Mary's (Mayo) emergency, and that resulted in the ischemic colitis diagnoses.