Numb finger tip blue middle of finger
Twice in the last two weeks I have felt a sudden soreness in the mid section of my right middle finger.  A few hours later that section became blue but only on the back of the finger.  Several hours later the tip of that finger was numb for about 3 hours.  It took several days for it to clear up.  Now that it has happened a second time I am wondering what is causing this.

Peripheral vascular disease is the most common cause for this kind of problem. This can be due to smoking, diabetes mellitus, hypertension. Diseases like Raynauds disease also present in this way. These attacks are also triggered by medicines taken for migraine.

Please discuss with your GP and keep me posted

Regards
My fingers turn blue and it last a day or so and return to natural color...there is pain with the blueing...but it does go away after a day or so...comes and goes with out reason...