Numb left arm with shooting pains
My husband has been experiencing his left arm going numb from time to time. After the onset of the tingling and numbness he begin's feeling some shooting pains sometimes going into his chest. My husband used to be active however, after losing his job he has gained quite some weight and is no longer active. I don't believe he's beginning to have heart attacks however I may not be here one day when he's experiencing this pain. What could be causing this? You'll say go to doctor however without medical insurance that's an issue. Please any suggestions or fuidence would be very helpful. I do know he needs to become active.... it's a MUST...

How are you?
The symptoms could be due to a neck spine problem or it can be a cardiovascular problem as well.
Nerve compression in the cervical region can cause numbness in the arm and chest.
A cardiovascular problem like ischemia can also cause arm numbness and chest pain.
A thorough clinical examination is required urgently.
Also please convince him to be physically active. Regular exercise like a brisk walk for 30 minutes every day will help along with dietary control.
Take care!
i get shooting pains on the left side of my head that are realy sharp, then  left arm and leg go heavy and numb and hurt and i dont no what it is? and i feel kinda out of it for a few minutes. its not from my neck or carpoltunnal
I get the same but on the right please someone help