Numb/slight tingling of left foot/lower leg
I am a healthy, active 55 year-old woman. For the last month or two I have been experiencing a numb feeling along the outside of my left foot and leg up to the knee. The inside of my foot and inside of my leg feel normal. When touching my outer lower leg/foot, I get a numb/slight tingling feeling.  I am a dental assistant and am always leaning to the left while at work.  Am I pinching a nerve in my leg or is something missaligned with my lower back? Disc problem? I have had a left hip replacement 2.5 years ago and it seems to be doing just fine.  My thigh seems normal to touch-sensations.  My lower back has never seemed to give me any problems.  I would appreciate any light you could shed on the possibilities of this problem and anything I could try to get the feeling back again.  I have no trouble walking.  Thanks
Yup. Pretty classical lumbar compression symptoms. There are exercises that you have to learn from a physical rehab specialist that are really helpful. Some cases eventually require a procedure called a laminectomy, but that is a long way off. Think about getting a job where you don't have to be on your feet so much. Easier said than done. With appropriate exercises, hydration and anti-inflammatory meds the problem sometimes goes away. An x-ray may or may not show the problem. An MRI is usually definitive. But any chiropractor of physician worth his salt should be able to tell you exactly where the nerve is pinched from the symptoms alone. Hopefully, it won't get worse. Needless to say you should avoid heavy lifting or furniture and learn the proper way to life to avoid additional unnecessary strain. Good luck.