Neurology Community
Numb spot on leg, hand goes to sleep & tingles

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Numb spot & pen point pain. I have had a numb spot on the top of leg for a year  and it tended to itch and this week it has enlarged to travel around the side of my leg and i have like inside twitches and pen points of sharp pain, like and electrical shock. I have had numbness and tingling (that really hurts some times) in my hands. I associated the hand business with Carple tunnel but it seems to get better for a while. Sometimes I have to sleep in a really odd position to prevent the hand from going to sleep at night, completely. Hurts like the devil when it tries to wake up and sometimes its real hard to wake up, I shake it or swing my arm around. I'm getting a little worried now with the change in my leg. Anyone know what might be going on. Is it a disk problem or something like MS. Thanks Kitty Cat 258