Neurology Community
Numbing cold sensation on Forehead and eye

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

This is an ongoing issue, most notably for the past two weeks. At first, I would have numbness across my forehead with occasional burst of pain or numbness in my left eye. It's here one moment gone the next. That is the most worrying part. I have no other symptoms concerning my eye, just the numbing, tingling feeling with occasional stabbing burst (very infrequent).

I have no ongoing medical issues other than an arachnoid cyst located on left frontal region, migraines and anemia. I have had four burst blood vessels in that same eye, twice in one month while vacationing.  It's like Jake Morgendorffer I get too stressed or suffer an excruciating headache and i burst a vessel.  Only on one occasion was it serious enough to warrant a patch. From what I understand  that isn't or shouldn't be the cause of my current problem.

As mentioned, the past two weeks my symptoms have gone from intermittent to continuous.  The numbness starts on the right sight of my forehead and traverses across to the left side,normally encompassing the whole region dipping down to eye area and now the left side of my nostril. The symptoms are persistent cold, clammy feeling with numbness and the occasional burst of pain on my left eye and temple region. Interesting enough my migraine headaches have been non-existent during this whole time, very rear but a point I felt needed to be shared, as I take no pain medication and am currently not seeing a physical therapist to treat said headaches.

I wake up and go to bed with the aforementioned symptoms. I'm at my wits end and would appreciate any and all answers concerning this or similar cases.
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. The symptoms of numbness across forehead along with pain in eye can be due to be due to hemiplegic migraines.  Other possibilities are benign intracranial hypertension, high blood pressure, low vitamin B12 and vitamin D, and nerve compression in the neck. Please consult your doctor regarding this. You may need some tests along with BP monitoring. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.