Neurology Community
Numbness / Tingling from Waist Down (Worried)

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have had numbness / tingling sensations in my left leg for almost a month now. It started out as the outside of my left thigh and wi 2 days had spred to my entire left leg. About a week later I started experiencing super sensativity in my upper right thigh which has sen changed to tingling and the numbness has spread from my right foot up to about my calf. I also have numbness in my lower back and bottom and have notice (sorry for graphics) that I also have numbness in my genitalia. I have had an MRI oh my lower back (w/o contrast) that revealed no disc herniation. I am scheduled for an EMG on 12/21 but I am concerned now that it has spread to beyond my legs.

Also I have had a constant Migraine with extensive eye pain (feels like my head and eye balls are being squeezed) I am not sure if this is related.... I am wondering if I could have the beginning of MS. I have had a lot of stress going on in my life lately and I was also diagnosed with Aggressive Chron's Colitis back in Jan 2009.

Please if anyone could give me a little in site. I just am no longer convinced this could be a pinched nerve with the extent of the numbness.
About a year ago, I also started experiencing the leg numbing. It would switch from one leg to the other at different intervals in time.  Then, it stops for a period of time and starts back up.  One thing I do notice is that if I stand for a while, the left leg/thigh starts numbing. I read online a while back and I think it had to do with a nerve in our genitalia area. Unfortunately, I didn't keep researching because of the infrequency it happened.  I hope you are able to figure out what is your medical issue and that you find relief from the migraines.

Hopefully, someone here may have a suggestion or answer for you.  Good luck!
Thanks so much for messaging back. I actually got the physical report and images from my MRI. The report mentions a Tarlov Cyst at the termination of the central canal. So I was confused and did a little research on it. Apparently it can cause all of the symptoms I am having including my headaches. So I am going to have my neurologist and neurosurgeon look into it further.
Hi, there. I was in here and read back to your post. How are you doing? Were you able to hone in to the issue with the leg numbing? I still get them from time-to-time, however, not with headaches.  I hope you are doing much better since your last post.