Neurology Community
Numbness & Pain In Left Upper Leg

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Numbness & Pain In Left Upper Leg

I am having numbness & pain in left upper leg, When standing on my left leg goes numb and tingly and after a while I get the pain so bad it feels like I could pass out, but when I sit or lift my leg it gets better. All my Doctors say they can't find anything wrong. I have tooken all types of tests. Just hoping I can find some help soon. Have had this for 10 years and it seems to only get worse. Any Help will be apperiated. THANK YOU!

I had a burning sensation in my thigh for years and if I pulled my leg up it stopped. I then developed numbness and a dull ache. After years of no diagnosis i saw a professor and he performed nerve tests. I then had surgery to free  up and repair my lateral cutaneous nerve in my thigh. o more pain or burning. Still numb but they say the nerves grow back at 1mm per month and in a few years I should have feeling back.Have you had nerve tests?
I have numbness and burning in upper outer thigh to the knee.  It's quite painful and at times there is a tingling sensation like bugs crawling under the skin.  Sitting and lying down brings relief.  Where did you get your diagnosis and surgury?  I hope there is a solution for me like your solution has worked for you.
I have been feeling severe pain with a burning sensation in my upper left thigh. Also that part of the thigh is so numb sometimes that I swear if I stabbed myself I would not feel it until the knife reached the inner part of the thigh. I also have lower some upper back pain but not all the time. I was thinking heart problems but, what can I do to find a diagnosis other than go to a doctor, cause I dont have medical insurance?
My name is Michelle and I have had a numbness/ pain in the left outer thigh for the first time it was when i was pregnant for my daughter.... and it was as wide as your finger and as long at the thigh . Over the years is has gotten bigger and the pain more sharp , went to the size of my hand , now it is all the left outter side of my leg and part of the front I have numbness , disscomfort either sitting or standing then very sharp pains that is the most painful thing I have ever had.... usually the worst times is in the winter cold months and at night when i am sleeping and move from back to side then to side to the other side.....I really would like to know what this is.... can anyone help me???/
My right upper leg is numb to the touch, but has an unbearable pain running through the core of my leg...HELP
The lower part of the same leg is cold to touch
Wow Vickey.  I ran across u'r post and have been reading... Please get checked for blood clot(s) IMMEDIATELY!  
Hi Rob, this sounds so similar to what I have been experiencing. Glad I found this, just wish I knew what to say or do about it.. I am a hunter and this turkey season I have been bit by atleast 12 ticks. after that is when the pain and burning and numbness started. Im really concerned, I do have a kidney disorder and hypothyroidism but I surely dont think thats the cause. Im a female and will turn 44 tomorrow, I have thought several times maybe fibromyalgia but I dont know.. I do have constant pain in my neck and back and that possibly could have pinched a nerve and it radiated to my thigh? I dont know Rob but it is annoying, I do hope that you fine the cause and its not serious..
my right thigh goes numb first it feels like its going too sleep then totally numb when i stand in one place for more then 10 mins i poke it with my nails and i dont feel anything ,i think i could stab it and not feel it .then after i can sit or lay down its gets itchy and stiff , i had every test you can guess ct ,mri,xrays,pressure tests,nerve tests ,that was fun NOT  everything came back normal ,not sure what too do next maybe i should stab it might get a answer then been 2 years