Numbness & Tingling in Hands & Feet
I need to know if anyone knows what it means when you experience numbness and tingling in hands and feet.  I wake up in the middle of the nite with my hand and/or feet tingling or numb I have to shake them to make it stop.  Durning the day for no apparent reason my toes go numb I have tingling in hands or feet, it just comes and go.  I feel achey all the time and am very very tired.  When I wake up in the morning I can barely move my body aches so bad and is stiff.  After sitting for any length of time and I get up the same thing occurs. All my blood work from the doctor is perfect.  I am having a nerve test done, what are they looking for? What does this test mean?  Any thoughts? My doctor says it may just be stress.  Has anyone heard of stress causing these symptoms?  Thank you for your time.
Hello.

Numbness is a reduces sensation. And tingling ... you can say... an increased sensation.  Your symptoms might be a result of a number of conditions. Neuropathy is one of them. Nerve conduction study is appropriate. this test checks the signals running through the nerves. Stress does cause some symptoms like this. But one must rule out all other causes first.

Regards