Neurology Community
Numbness & Tingling in Thigh

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Numbness & Tingling in Thigh

I am experiencing numbness and tingling on the front and left side of my left thigh.  The numbness and tingling covered an area about 4 inches across and now, one day later, it has spread over the entire front and left side of my left thigh.  Is this condition serious enough to go to the hospital and if not, what type of doctor should I see and/or what treatment would help? What is causing it?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Numbness and tingling in the thigh may be due to Injury to nerve in the lower back, Pressure on spinal nerves from a herniated disk, Lack of blood supply to the area, Diabetes, Multiple sclerosis, Underactive thyroid, Raynaud’s phenomenon, Vitamin deficiency, Electrolyte imbalance, side effects of medications and toxic nerve damage due to lead, tobacco or alcohol. Please go for MRI of the brain and affected leg and consult a neurologist for examination and diagnosis. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!
I had the same symptoms after walking for an extended period of time. i was diagnosed with Meralgia Paraesthetica. I took it easy for a while and have also lost some weight. It has helped but there are times where i still experience numbness and now I have pain in the Inguinal area after sitting awhile.I could use some help there as well.