Numbness Foot and Bottom Leg
Hi All.

About year and half ago i had numbness on my left foot. It effected my big toe and the path the bone followed up to the  ankle. The numbess was also present on the bottom of my leg on the left side.

This went. Now its back.

Im condused and scared. It feels about 40% numb. If i touch a hair on the spot i can feel it move. I can also feel pinches and stuff.

Recently (the past hour) i have been getting buzzing feelings in my big toe. The feel like zaps. Hard to explain.

I can walk on it, yesterday i walked around a part. Did about 2 miles in all. I also walk 20 mins at least each day. I do however spend ALOT of time on a computer as its my job. I suffer heart palps but have had tests to rule out any heart conditions. I also suffer with anxiety.

In the past i can recall episodes where the sole of my foot cramped and the ball of my heel hurt like hell. I have also noticed the area we are talking about on my foot used to itch, but no numbness, in the past.

I hope i am not alone. I feel that way.

I am 23. Normal weight.
Hi there.

These symptoms can have several causes.  An explanation may come from an inherent abnormality in the bony and soft tissue structures of the foot causing some nerves to be compressed.  This can be evaluated well by doing biomechanic studies that can be supervised by an orthopedic surgeon.  Another possible cause is some spinal problem that can cause a larger nerve to be impinged.  This can be evaluated by a neurologist who may request an MRI study of the spine.  Other common causes include stress, which heightens one's perception of anything unusual and even pain, or micronutrient deficiency such as vitamin B.  I suggest you take this to your doctor to be evaluated.  Regards and God bless.