Neurology Community
Numbness/Tingling in Hands + Feet and Migraines for 5 Years

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I am a 26 yr old female and have had the numbness and tingling in my hands and feet for almost 5 years now. The frequency has increased significantly to almost daily now within the last 2 years. I do get the symptoms first without other symptoms, but they develop into things like the migraines and dizziness. I also get the migraines, which are followed by the numbness and tingling too and if the migraine happens first the numbness and tingling is really unbearable. If I get one that means that I will eventually get the other one. Many times, I cant open things like bottles or even items in the shower like the shampoo or body wash. My body and limbs feel completely weak. Other symptoms have included blurred vision, sensitivity to light and heat alot, near blackout, loss of motion in body to where I  cannot support my own body weight, my hearing is altered to where if I have an episode, then I can hear things but they seem far away.The migraines usually start on one side of the head and spread and they are sharp stabbing migraines in which I cant even look up or open my eyes. If they start anywhere else they will start as a dull throbbing migraine at the back of my head.  I had a clean EEG about 3 years ago and a clean MRI 5 years ago. Ive done blood tests, stress tests and all negative. My most recent neurologist said I have anxiety. THe one before diagnosed me with Vertebrobasilar migraines but couldnt explain the numbness and tingling - he also suggested botox. I have taken Verapamil, Topamax, and now Amitriptylene and they dont seem to be helping. Its to the point where if I am feeling bad, I cant even drive home. I have to have coworkers drive me around because I know that I am not coherent enough to not get into an accident. I dont think that this is normal, nor a product of anxiety. What should I do after the MRI if it comes up clean? If it doesnt? Is there something else I should do in the meantime? Please help.