Neurology Community
Numbness/Tingling

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Numbness/Tingling

In Dec of '97, age of 18, I had a stroke in my left parietal lobe. I lost some of my speech  and about half of my feeling in my left hand. I also temporarily lost a tiny bit of feeling in my left foot. The stroke turned out to be caused by an astrocytoma which ruptured the blood vessel. I had brain surgery to repair the blood vessel and remove the "mass" which was unknown until a biopsy. I gradually regained my speech while going through chemo and radiation. The numbness in my hand never varied. On a scale of 1-10, was always about a 5 and has stayed that way up until 2010.

In the summer of 2010, I began having tingling on my head and face, and weird sensations on my left leg, as if I had spilled water on my leg. Also, I began having frequent mini-seizures. Just strong enough to notice, but not strong enough to cause alarm. My neurologist at the time said he thought I might be experiencing post-radiation necrosis. I had an MRI and an EEG done, but he could not find anything, so he changed my seizure medicine. That seemed to help the seizures. The tingling continued, but I thought it's nothing to worry about.

The tingling has only gotten stronger since then. The tingling is at the top of my head, my forehead, my lips, and my left leg. It feels like a breeze is blowing my head, when I know there's no wind. It's not pins-and-needles. In 2011, this increased, and at the same time, my left hand's numbness intensity began to vary for the first time since 1997. Instead of a constant intensity level of 5 out of 10. It would vary from 5 to 9 out of 10. I went to my neurologist again, had another MRI. Nothing found. Now, this numbness is a more steady - an 8 or 9 out of 10, and it has crept up to my elbow. It's now coming back in my left foot, slightly. I don't want to pay a bunch of money for another MRI that won't show any results. What else could this be? Here is my 2011 MRI animation:

http://youtu.be/NU8vuansGHk