Numbness/Tingly down right leg
History:
Okay, I hope I am posting in the correct area. Here is my story. I have cracked my back forever (since a child). I have had pain in differents area of my back for...well since I can remember. So....I worked in the ARC field for 6 years. Always used proper body mechanics (as proper as possible in certain situations). A patient lifted her legs upon a one person "stand pivot" turn, going from a parker tub, to her low (she was short) wheelchair. I in turn, immediately felt the burning sensation begin. I continued to work until I sat down at the dinner table with them, once I went to get up....it was excruciating! The next morning....worse. Went to ER....got sent home with Flexril, Soma's and a pulled muscle diagnosis. The doc made me kind of feel like just a young person looking fo r pain meds. I wasn't. So in turn, I didn't follow up with anyone. Long story short, it did subside eventually and within a few weeks, was back to normal. Since then, I have changed jobs and now lift 30-50  lb. boxes 12 hours a day, 3 consecutive days. i.E. I lift boxes of 6 - 1 gal. bottles of bleach.....on to a 7 foot high pallet.  Hopping on and off a pallet jack etc.

Symptoms:
  For the last month or so... I have been experiencing this tingly almost cold feeling all the way down the outside of my right leg. For the most part, I only notice it when I am sitting or lying down. It is not the same feeling that you get when your leg falls asleep. It is only on the outside. The sensation is a little more intense between my knee and hip. Now...I ALWAYS have slight lower back pain. So I barely notice it anymore. I am a little scared because this feeling is NOT going away and am not sure if there is something more to do with my lower back that I may not be experiencing because of desensitization. Does this all make sense?  
  The forum which a doctor may answer is full atm, so I am hoping to get a response from someone who has experienced or is experiencing this as well. I don't know where to even start. I appreciate any response.
Hi poyzen, If I were you I would deffinetly see your gp as soon as you can, sounds like something is going on. good luck!
                                                       april.
well i feel that exact sensation and feeling but unlike you where it is from knee to hip, mine goes the opposite from knee to foot, on the right foot, that very weird cool, tingly feeling on the outside. However, i've never had any back pain. Hope we both get some answers here!
for 2 yrs i have had numbness and a fizzing sensation in the top of my right leg from knee to hip. my right foot also gets the fizzy feeling and will go stone cold.i have seen a neurologist but he dont know what it is. i used to get this feeling now and again but for the last 7 to 8 months i have it constantly. this is driving me mad as nobody can explain what it is and why?