Aa
A
A
Close
Numbness and Light Headed
I am having numbess and a tingling sensation in my hands. This usually happens after or during working out. My hands feel weird at first and then they start to tingle. I begin to get slightly light headed and then my hands begin to turn in towards my arms like I am having a seizure. However, I am fully aware of what is going on and do not show any other signs of seizures. My heart rate and blood pressure increase during these spells as well. I have seen a general doctor (who treated me like a science experiment) and have an apointment to see a neurologist soon. I had Bell's Palsy as a child, but doubt that has anything to do with it. I am a collegiate athlete, and must admit I have suffered several concussions. I am a 20 year old female and I'm wondering if anyone has a clue what is going on?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1093617 tn?1279305602
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

From the symptoms you describe, it sounds that it could be a circulatory disturbance (due to compression of blood vessels) or a nerve pinched (cervical spine).  This may most likely occurs due to any clots in blood vessels, excessive alcohol use or diabetes. I would suggest evaluating all the possibilities with the help of a doctor first. Further referral to a neurologist will surely help you in getting a more precise opinion here. Hope this information proves help you.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources