Numbness and double vision
For about 2 months my boyfriend, 24 has been complaining of numbness in his face, hands, and feet.  Recently that has been somewhat resolved with still the occasional numbness, but now he says he is having double vision only if he has both eyes open, if he closes one eye (either one doesn't matter) he can see fine.  I keep urging him to go to the doctor but i think he is scared. i want to research this so i can at least tell him what to expect...please help and input it greatly appreciated
thanks so much
Hello.

The symptom of double vision is worrying me. I suspect there is an increased intracranial pressure. Do you see any deviation in his eyes? Specifically, a lack of lateral movement of one of the eyes may be restricted. You can check it yourself. Ask him to look to the extreme left and then to extreme right, while his head is steady. Let me know if there is any abnormality. (Do both the eyes move equally?)

We need to rule out any tumor in the skull cavity. Did he have any such symptoms earlier? Is there any family history which can contribute?

Another option to be considered is a demyelinating disorder. But this possibility is distant. He will need to consult a neurologist soon.

Regards
Thank you so much for your concerns I appreciate it.  I had him as you asked, I couldn't see anything unusual.  As far as having symptoms earlier goes, this just started about 2 weeks ago. What is strange is that it is getting better as well.  I just don't understand because as one symptom goes away it is replaced with a much more series one.  The only major thing in his family history is colon cancer so I would say no on that one.  Another question I will ask you though, I have been typing in his symptoms on google and coming up with related things it could be... diabetes, stroke, early signs of MS...would you personal relate any of these disorders to him..please let me know thank you so much!!