Numbness and tingling feeling in finger!
A week ago we were out to eat and my son threw a pack of silverware, and I caught it by reaction! Of course there was a steak knife instead of a butternife! It stabbed my palm & immediatley my finger felt like I was getting shocked! The pain generated throughout my hand and my wrist! Now a week later I still experience the tingle and numbness in my pointer finger! I should have gotten stitches but I didn't! The wound is heeling though! Whenever I bend my fingers backward or move my hand a certain way I get the shocking feeling back! Its my right had that I need to use all the time! If anyone knows if theres anything to do or if its supposed to be like this for a while? Is it nerve damage?
I am not a doctor, but why in the world didn't you go see a doctor for this injury?  
Hello.

There is a possibility of a nerve injury. Also, there are tendons in the palm. Getting stitches would not have made much difference to the nerve injury, if it is there.

Did you go to a doctor?

Regards
I didn't go to a dr I just thought it was a simple injury I just thought It would heel! I am a very busy man! I just thought maybe others had advice for something similar done to them!! Thanks so much!! I might have to get it checked! I read that it takes up to 3 months for the finger to feel better??
I can understand why a busy man with kids wouldn't run to the doctor with what he probably percieved to be a minor injury at the time.  If you have a chronic illness you're used to going to the doctor more often.  It's just part of life.  Before my back injury 11 years ago, I never went to the doctor for myself unless I was due for a pap smear.  We weren't raised to go to the doctor unless something was clearly broken, or we were bleeding so badly that we needed stitches.  I think I took better care of my kids that way than I did myself.  I had a similar injury catching a knife I had dropped last year, which resulted in nerve damage to a finger.  I went to physical therapy and it got some help.  They can do all kind of things that stimulate the nerve to heal.  I'm glad I went.  It's hard to take time from a busy life to get help for yourself, but I'll bet you would do it for your child in a heartbeat.  
Take care,
Katijanae
Hi.

Any such injury will take anything from six weeks to six months to heal, depending upon the nature of the injury. For example, if there is a dislocation of the joint, it will still heal on its own, but probably not in a way we would like it to. It may heal with a deformity.

I hope you can find some time for this ailment. This will be investment!

Regards